Should you make small talk before asking a girl out on a second date?

I went out on the first date with this girl and it went well, just thought of asking her out on a second one. Problem is, we're from different schools, so it's hard to ask her out in person. So, I want to ask her through Facebook instead.
Anyways, should I actually start with small talk before asking her out or just get straight to the point to asking her out?

Most Helpful Girl

• As soon as your first date was over you should have asked her if she would like to go out a second time. This shows that you are interested in her and then there will be no question in her mind.

I would call her, maybe text or if you are most comfortable in using FB then forego the small talk and just let her know that you had a good time on the first date and would like to go out again. Good luck!

• On the first date we had, she had to leave early because of class. I just said: "So, I'll see you around then?" She just said: " Give me a heads up whenever you drop by."
      So, I guess I'll call her up tomorrow and set a date.

What Girls Said 2

• Bring up an upcoming event, then include her.

"I am really psyched that Monsters Ate Zombies is coming out this weekend! Want to go see it?"

• I would just ask her if she wants to hang out this weekend.

What Guys Said 3

• I would introduce myself and go straight to the point but I wouldn't let her know that its a date. I agree with Takkunlee 100% on this one.

• Either i think ask her straight away is easier

• No you shouldn't.