My dad must have a yellow fever?

I'm half white half Asian. All my friends look at my last name and said "Your last name sounds so white. Your dad must have a yellow fever!" How do I make them stop? It's really disgusting to think about it and they always ask what if I have a baby is it gonna be half or what bla bla how do I make them stop?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like you are friends with a bunch of racist assholes. If they are really your friends, just tell them to cut that bullshit out, and that who you marry and have babies with is your own business. If they don't stop you can try going after something that they are sore on (everyone has something) to get the point across that it isn't funny to you and they shouldn't do it.

If none of that works, you should consider finding new friends, because the ones you got are probably assholes and a little racist.

Also, you are who you are being mixed race doesn't make you subhuman, it makes you human, just like everybody else :)

• Some of them are whites some of them are full Asians and they also make the yellow fever joke... And I get your pint. Thank you :)

What Guys Said 4

• This is pure racism. Somehow, in the US, Asians are still fair game for racism, while even mild criticism of African Americansk however objective, is automatically racism.

But these kids will get a free pass for these arch-racist comments from the same people who object to that.

You can't get racists to stop. You either take a shotgun to them, which is illegal of course, or you just ignore them after quietly, without anger, telling them they are racist. Never speak or respond until they apologize for this after you say that.

• I'm half White and half Asian as well. If my future wife were to be half White and half Asian, would our baby be half White and Half Asian? Or would the baby be a new race entirely? Interesting to think about.

Just tell them that it bothers you. They will stop. It might seem crazy but people often do stupid things because nobody stops them or calls them out on it.

• It would be half white half Asian. If your wife is full of something then your baby would be 3/4 something 1/4 something.

I ignored them but they won't stop... They asked me a bunch if questions are you more of white or Asian which background you embrace the most blah blah blahhh.

• Flip the script onto them and dont be so sensitive about it. They dont know it bothers you. You have to let them know.

• My ex is Asian and she's the only Asian female I've ever been with but because I was with her all my friends thought I had yellow fever. That used to piss me off too cause it wasn't even like that. Different situation but i het what you saying. You probably gonna have to voice up and just tell them to relax on the comments

• If they're your friends, ask them to stop and they'll stop.
    If they don't stop, they're not your friends.

What Girls Said 1

• That's really sad. I'm not sure how to make them stop because people are assholes, but just know that there are many people out there who know that's not ok. I'm sorry you have to experience that.