Why would a guy be afraid to end things with a rebound?

If a guy got a rebound friends with benefits after breaking up with a girl who he regrets breaking up with, why would he be afraid to break up with the rebound? Especially if he tells people that he really doesn't want to actually date the rebound? Does he just want sex or is he afraid of being alone?

416

Most Helpful Guy

• He probably doesn't know where he's at with the girl he used to be with, he feels like he loves her but he's not sure and as long as he's with the rebound he's sort of tied down and there fore doesn't have to confront whether or not he really feels for the first girl. That's what I think is happening here.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 15

• I think it may be a combination of those two. That, or he'd feel bad for hurting the rebound. After my ex dumped me, part of me wanted someone, anyone, to fill the void. I think if I had rebounded, I'd have been afraid of dumping the rebound in a way that made her feel used, and I'd also have been afraid of being alone because I'd forgotten how to live single.

• Probably both. He wants sex, and he doesn't want to be alone.
    He's a sad sad person. This friends with benefits should move elsewhere unless that is all she is using him for too.
    Doesn't even strike me as a good friend.

• Stability and not wanting to be lonely

• Both… and whether or not he wants to admit it, its possible she likely isn't entirely just a rebound for him anymore. Sometimes people get attached to things that they know aren't good for them or that they aren't treating right.

• Both could apply but mostly he doesn't want to be alone

• He is afraid of being alone. He wants to be able to know no matter what , he has something to go to.

• He is afraid of being alone... just to use to being with someone else... we sometimes lose our self identity.

He may not want to stick around because he realizes there was no future in it off the bat!

• Because he built some emotions to her... and he can't just deny them..

• he's human. he's in a vulnerable state. Perfectly normal

• Loseing sex to a girl he like is a big miss. Its hard to turn it down. He will reject her when another girl turns up.

• He's probably afraid of being alone.

• He's someone who doesn't like being alone

• Does not want to give up the sex. Would you want to give up having sex with someone? Give up the emotional comfort of being physical with a person?

• Probably both?

• Because it was a rebound, temporary. Not meant to be permanent. You knew that going in

• huh? your response doesn't make sense

• It would just depend on how long "temporary" means to him

What Girls Said 4

• Afraid of being alone, which kind of means that he should spend sometime alone if he ever hopes to have a healthy relationship.

• he's not afraid, he just doesn't want to anger his sex supply and be cut off from her vagina

• He probably wants to have the rebound as a back up plan or don't want to break her heart. Sex could be an option.

• Cause he is selfish, he wants his cake and eat it too