Arguing with boyfriend.. your experiences?

Hi all,

Last night I had a pretty big argument with my boyfriend and I said some nasty things which I can't even think about now without crying.

We have spoken and sorted it out and have made up but I know it is still in his head and will be for a while as that's normal, but the guilt and how bad I feel is just eating me away and I don't know what to do.

I just wonder how long until it's 100% fine between us again, it'll be ok but it's natural that when you argue it stays in both peoples minds for a while right?

Thank you

Most Helpful Girl

• : / Yikes. Honestly girl, this is one of those situations where there’s no loophole around the guilt. You have enough morals to recognize that you were wrong therefore you feeling guilt is a natural response to this situation. It’s not really the actual argument in itself that stays in people’s minds, but what occurred during the argument. For example, if you made some below the belt comments, then THAT is what’s going to stand out. Not the fact that you had a disagreement or a heated conversation, but the fact that you gave into your anger and pride even if it meant hurting him in the process. You just really have to ALWAYS OPERATE WITH BOUNDARIES AND SHOW RESPECT when you’re in a relationship. I know girl, it is SO hard sometimes but you have to exercise that self-discipline and master the urges to give into ugly behavior. Conduct yourself in a way that the future you will thank you for when it comes to situations like this. Focus strictly on the argument and attack his IDEAS not him as a person. Good luck!

• Thank you this really helps. Just feel so down at the moment. Thank you.

• You're welcome! : ) It doesn't feel good to feel down, but it actually IS good that you're feeling down because that means you have a moral compass. You know the difference between right and wrong and you can humbly recognize that the actions you chose hurt someone. So that's a plus, you're not a heartless b*tch. Congratulations ;P lol

• Just don't make a habit out of letting your anger and frustration make an argument worse than it has to be. All you can do at this point is say sorry and get straight into creating fun, charming, cozy, feel-good memories to balance out the sh*tty ones : )

What Guys Said 2

• yes he will remember it for a long time. It is easy to say "forgive and forget" but it is not easy to forget.

The key is for you to think about how you prevent your anger from getting out of control in the future.

I am sorry it happened, but sometimes it does. You just have to watch it now.

• Just give it time, you made up but the fight was still fresh in your minds. If you feel really bad about what you said you could do something special for him to show how much you care about him.

• Thank you I think I will

What Girls Said 0