Since young women (18-25) now prefer old men (40-80) should young men now date old women?

Society is changing, and lots of young women (18-25) are now dating older men! (40-80)

I'm 54 years old and my girlfriend is 20 years old. I have been saying an increasingly amount of openness from young women who will date men older than, usually older than her father, sometimes even older than her grandfather!

I have asked my girlfriend and many young women about this, they said that they would "never" date a young man. Many young women have told me this. I think the fact is that young men (18-25) generally are immature and don't respect women, while older men are able to provide an income so it's all based on maturity levels. It now looks like young men will have to wait until 40 years old and over to date young women!

So I have been thinking, since young women now prefer old men, should young men begin to date old women, even old enough to be their mother? Because soon, those will be their only optional partners unless the wait until they're old enough. Would you agree to this or not? I asked young women this also and they all agreed to it!

• Agree: Men should date older women.
  • Disagree: Men should not date older women and wait instead.

Most Helpful Girl

• Should young guys now date older women since young girls prefer old men?
    Neither options suit me.

I think it's suited for younger guys to date whoever agrees- same age or older. Though in the case of older I'm not seeing it last long as it seems older guy/young gal couples have the younger partner being more sincere while with older gal/younger guy the younger partner appears to bail once she no longer loos good for her age/younger than her age.

Young gals dating older guys isn't a societal change if anything it seems to be a societal norm. History is full of such couples and it seemingly used to be expected for gals to marry older guys as 'women mature faster' and the preconceived notions that older guys were could provide more security, are more mature than guys her age, or are more respectful.

• So young guys should wait until they are 40 to date young girls?

• I don't do should unless it applies to harming children/animals.

Young guys can wait until they are 40 to date young gals since likely those are the gals they want and their desire to date is probably solely/mostly sexually which can be relieved ala p*rn, escorts, prostitutes, and hookups. It may be suited not to be impacted by dating until one may be seeking a long-term impact.

What Girls Said 12

• Sure, why not? I am a younger (28) lady who has a crush on a 52 year old man. I haven't dated a guy my age since my 1st boyfriend at age 20. They are far too immature and do not make me feel valued or appreciated like older men do. Also, it seems to me that the younger guys tend to be selfish and one-sided when it comes to intimacy while the older men are more generous and willing to make sure that both of you enjoy.

• So if you met a guy your age who was good looking, mature and had money, would you still not date him?

• Hmm.. a guy my age who is good looking, mature, and has money? I don't think that that exists and if it does why would a good looking guy with money want me? Good looking guys, especially a guy my age who has money would likely expect a dumb but supermodel Barbie type trophy girlfriend. I'm a plain jane, not a Barbie doll. I'd take an average older man any day over a guy my age like that.

• So relieved to hear that! I want every young guy to stop dating young girls and wait until they are 40 years old to date them! Would you agree?

• No, thanks I will not take. I don't like old men.

• I never thought i'd say this but i'm attracted to a younger man... its a whirlwind here... nothing has happened yet... but the rule 'never say never' is somewhat true... you never know what surprises life can throw in your direction... the thing is am very mum about this... lets see how it unfolds ;)

• Not all girls prefer older men. I definitely don't.
    As a 20 year old, I'd only get with a man who is at least 23-24 years old and no older than that.

Please don't base your observation of one girls' love life as every other girls/woman.

• The majority of young girls on this site especially, prefer older men. Look at these:

http: //www. girlsaskguys. com/sexual-behavior/q1384135-i-like-older-men-does-that-make-me-a-bad-girl-to-like-men-a-lot

http: //www. girlsaskguys. com/relationships/q1384078-do-any-other-girls-prefer-older-guys-on-here-too#g0a8372566

• Every young girl I have encountered prefer old men and would never date a guy their own age.

• I've just said myself I don't like old men. The chances are these girls aren't looking for love, just someone to provide for them.

• I don't like oldies. Gimme another 22 year old, pls.

• I don't really think it's "It should" or "it should not" kind of thing. Everyone has their own preferences and if a guy doesn't like older women then he doesn't have to date them.

• I'm prefer old men. But old woman with young guys. Ewww look weird.

• So you like old men, but hate old women with young guys? Quite ironic, don't you think? Who should young guys date then?

• im not hate. but just look weird.

• I'm not seeing that many young women dating old men. Statistically people are still marrying people within a few years of their own age. I don't know why you think that women 18-25 prefer men 40-80 just because you have a 19 year old gf. I find that if a young woman prefers men significantly older than her its because she's a. in it for the $$$$$$ (which doesn't mean she prefer old men because if a younger man had that same money and status she would prefer him) or b. she is simply not able to attract many men her own age. Some younger women genuinely like older men but they are not the majority.

Out of all my friends around my age except 1 think men 40+ are creepy and will never consider dating one. Even my friends in their late 20's say 40 is too old for them. My 1 friend who does talk to a man in his 40's (she's 24) is using him as a sugar Daddy basically.

• Lots of young gold diggers are dating men who are about to die.

• And are you one of them?

• In fact I do like older men, but I'm not a gold digger and would never get closer to any men older than 40.

• Many girls like older guys, but not older by like 20 years. I'm 21 and definitely wouldn't date a 40 year old, let alone an 80 year old (wtf?) lol.

• Well then by how old?

• For me, I cap it at 30ish. Mostly dated guys in the 22-28 range.

• Uh what? No, I think you're pretty off. Most of the girls I know who are my age are not dating men who are 40-80. It's more like 21-30 ish. I'm 21 and current dating a 30 year old guy, but other guys I've dated have been in their 20's.

• Most 18-25 year old women prefer 24-29 year old men.

What Guys Said 13

• whats with this "now" usage? its been like this for a long time.

• this is weird, and i do not find this to be a normal case at all. hell i feel weird with the girl im talking to now who is turning 18 in two months. it just feels off because of her age even though we get along great, pro better than great. u must have a lot of money...

• "Society is changing, and lots of young women (18-25) are now dating older men! (40-80) " <---- 80? gosh!!!

have you ever seen lots of 70-80 year old guys being with young girls?

• It definitely happens. My girlfriend is 19. My friend who is 73 is dating an 18 year old and my other friend who is 64 is dating a 21 year old.

• Examples: Anna Nicole Smith, and whoever is dating Hugh Heffner at the moment.

• Most people date within their age. I'm not bothering to read all that crap, it'll probably be a bunch of nonsense anyway so I will just answer the question.

I'm under legal age so obviously I would not date an old woman. Even when I reach legal age, I certainly would not date a woman who's old enough to be my mother... That's fucking gross. So yeah, I don't think many guys are going to agree with that poll, to be honest.

• Dude most chicks from 18-25 don't want to date a guy that is from 40-80 years old. Only some. A lot of 18-25 years like to date older guys as in the sense like a couple years older or up to 5 years older but not 15 years older or more.

• Plenty of girls still prefer men their own age, and when most girls say they prefer men who are a bit older they mean a few years, not decades. I have dated older women (though again, only a few years) and I wouldn't recommend it.

• I have had a thing with my dads coworker he never knew it... was awkward because her son was 15 and saw me in high school he never knew his mom did stuff with me and for Christmas bought me spandax underware. Never again... Will I do that...

• still hope for me then?

• I like to date younger as around 16-25 is when a woman is in her prime

• For child-bearing purposes this doesn't work.

• That's not true. My grandpa is 69 and married to a 30 year old and he got her pregnant. Yes, at his age. Now with the older woman and younger man, that still could work. The medical community has made a lot of advances in the way of technology and reproduction. Women in their 40s and beyond can freeze their eggs and use them at a later date when they are ready. They can go through invitro fertilization and fertility drugs. As a matter of fact, I know a 51 year old woman with a 22 year old boyfriend who did that. Anything is possible these days.

• Because that is cheap and easily accessible to most people.

• Personally and based off of what I have seen, young guys should temporarily dare older women. Generally they are easier in terms of getting laid.

• 40 - 80? im sure all the girls are going for those 70-80 years olds...

• I don't know of ANY 25 year old girl that is looking for an 80 year old! Girls want a guy maybe a few years older, not a guy older than her grandpa. It is definitely not normal for a late teen or early 20 girl to date a guy older than maybe his 30s... definitely not a 40-80 year old. Most young girls find those guys CREEPY and weird, not attractive.