Why are you single? What type of person are you looking for?

Many people are going to bed alone at night including me.
Any reason behind remaining single?
If you're waiting for the right person to come along, what type of person are you waiting for?

Most Helpful Guy

• Copy-pasta from my previous opinion incoming...

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1362819-why-are-you-single

A perfect question.

Earlier in my mid-high-school times I've been single by fate.

Now it's 50% fate and 50% choice, that I am single. I don't have time and money to spend on a GF. In my locals, there are only a bunch of careless randoms in my age range. I value, what I have and even much more, when I never had it before and always wanted it.

I've been in such almighty trouble (generally speaking), that I deny any more. And you know, that women do require some more, some less amount of trouble. I find it not worth it.

I separated myself about the thoughts of getting a GF. That resulted me into the inability of caring any less. But at least I can keep my freedom.

But let's not forget about a positive thing: Any unexpected miracle can happen and make changes.

What Guys Said 15

• Asking why someone is single is the worst question in the world. I mean yeah maybe some are going to say they choose to be but for most people if we knew why we were single... we would be able to fix and not be single... just saying!

The basics of what I am looking for though is someone with a willing to help others personality, tries to stay in shape, and has a strong personality such that she doesn't over react to the little things. Plus would mind if they enjoy sex... alot!

• That's not true. Many people could be in relationships if they wanted to be. Including me. They just don't want to settle for the sake of being in one. Myself included. Some people are single because they want to focus on other things right now. And some people like the single/dating/free life. It's not that stupid of a question... I'm just curious to hear people's reasons. Like the one you gave me, after all that bullshit you spoke before finally telling me lol

• I suggest reading an article on thoughtcatolog. com called "This is how we date." Truth is being picky while admittedly is not a bad thing as it protects you from the worst of the worst it does contribute to the hook up culture as its too much choice and does not let you find the swan in the ugly duckling.

• I agree with opinion owner.. This is the worst question to ask in the world.

• Well there are three reasons:
    ●Because I'm not trying.
    ●Maybe I'm not that dashing
    ●Maybe I'm expecting too much from a girl.

• 1. Need to get in better shape and get a tan.
    2. Need to straighten up my act a bit.
    3. I'm just not really prepared for another big time and money sink.
    4. I don't think I'm mature enough.
    5. I really don't have many options since I only attract women with very, very specific tastes.

• I've been single for a while. It's hard to talk to girls. Sadly enough, my last gf my mother set me up with. I'm just shy. I'm waiting for someone to drag me out of this life, and force me to be adventurous.

I would really like someone outgoing, smart, caring, sweet, insecure, fun-loving, and who likes to talk about their problems with me. I just haven't met her yet.

• I'm single because no one finds me to be cute. I'd take whatever I could get since I can get along with 99% of people ^^

• My G/F passed away very unexpectedly 6 months ago

• Because:
    - I moved to a new country when I was 16.
    - I don't have a social life due to the above mentioned.
    - I don't have anything in common with people here in USA.
    - I am a minority here in USA and minorities are hated by the majority.
    - I'm unemployed due to the first point I mentioned.
    - And I don't have a car due to the first point I mentioned.

• Constantly rejected for: not the most outgoing; not physically fit; depression-prone; 'friend zone only' guy. Looking for someone that is interested in me that I'm comfortable around, can trust and communicate with.

• I'm still single because I haven't a woman that appreciates me yet. So far, I have been rejected all the time.

• Because there aren't any girls on the 6th floor of the library.

• I'm single cause I'm not attractive

• Because I'm not confident and an introverted loner. I might be forever alone.

• Because I'm nothing special

• Not confident enough to try. Don't know what to say/do.

• Someone who makes me click.

You may not be the one, but if you date date someone special, not just for the sake of it.

I mean I am trying to hold out against a female friend. What do you think? Could you help me decide pls? www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1370383-is-this-flirty-female-friend-into-me-am-i-into-her-why-do-i

What Girls Said 6

• After being in a four year relationship and coming into the dating scene I realized that the dating field is a disaster! Lol seriously. To many games and confusion and weird norms (hookup culture?) like wth happened. I like the old traditional way way better. I don't like mind games and I'm not easy so men get frustrated when I'm not at their feet crying over their attention. I've had a couple crushes but it hasn't worked out with any. I'm kind of picky (I've been told). I just don't see why I should settle for someone if I know I deserve better. I'm not on a pedestal but I know what I want in a relationship and haven't found anyone that matches it. So yes, I'm waiting for the right one to come along lol meanwhile I'm working on myself =)

• Wow, took the words from my mouth 100%
      Same here. And also working on myself in the meantime... A LOT.

• I am single because I want to be. After I get settled and stuff, I think I will want to start dating. I have been having a rough year so I don't want to complicate things and add a guy to my life. I am looking for someone who is funny, simple, and kind-hearted.

• Because I have small boobs, I'm poor, and I don't really cook.
    So I feel very sorry for the poor bastard to ever get with me haha.

• LOL hey a lot of men really don't mind small boobs... take it from ME. (oh, wait I'm single...)
      No but really, that shouldn't stop you from dating at all.
      The cooking and the money issue can be worked on lol

• Really? I have yet to meet a man who doesn't mind small boobs.
      I just don't wanna date. Both my exes cheated on me. So I guess I should stop being so damn insecure but I cannot help it.

• Had an abusive relationship 4 years ago. Trying to take it easy and enjoying my single life working and being independant. I don't know what kind of guy I want. But I guess time will tell when it all just happens on its own.

• Not really looking, but wouldn't be opposed to maybe starting something if someone worthwhile came along. Someone honest and capable of being loyal and faithful would be nice.

• I get amused very easily so I love funny guys. If he can crack good jokes, the more I am attracted to him.
    I akso like classy guys (just a guy who can dress nice).