If you're insecure, you shouldn't try to date. Agree or disagree?

If in general you are insecure in yourself... either looks or personality wise, than you should not try to date anyone.

Agree or disagree. and please explain your answer

• I Agree, if you're insecure, you shouldn't date
  • I disagree, it's ok to date if you're insecure
  • It depends (please explain)

Most Helpful Guy

• I disagree for the most part. If it's just basic insecurity, like self conscious about looks, then why the hell should they not date? Dating would actually HELP.

I am insecure about a number of things, I am not afraid to admit it. If I were to have a girlfriend, it would help me see myself in a better light (not that I NEED one in order to do so, just that it would help). Like for example if I ever feel ugly, I would think "Well my girlfriend is attracted to me, and she loves me, so I can't be that ugly" and my self confidence would go up.

To say that a person shouldn't be allowed to date until they're super confident and happy about themselves (because it's just SO easy to get over any anxiety/self esteem issues) is both ignorant and contradictive.

What Girls Said 13

• I vote c because if you're insecure you should still put yourself out there and date to find out what you are looking for in a partner. Life doesn't wait for you to magically become confident, it pushes you through trials to give you confidence. But keep it innocent with no expectations.
    Dating doesn't mean aiming to get in a relationship with one guy. In fact I wouldn't get get serious with a guy until I knew how to love myself first.
    So go out have fun, no expectations and definitely avoid friends with benefits.. It will MOST LIKELY ruin you, because girls catch the feels way easier when they become dependent on the guy for attention and happiness etc.. Kinda scary. Plus most guys fear commitment.

• well I don't know if it's wrong or not but i do take this approach. everyone should just do what theyre comfortable with i reckon.
    i feel like i can't date if I'm not at least a little confident. I'm waiting to feel like I'm in a place where i feel good again. till then, id rather just stay single.

• I chose disagree. I'm very insecure and it's my weight and my breasts:
    Weight - even though I am losing weight I am still big for my height, I know that some guys doesn't like big girls and I never had a boyfriend ( even though I didn't care ) during high school and I made sure I didn't have one because of my breasts.
    Breasts - well I'm a 36 JJ and I will think guys will only like me because of my breasts and I never really trust it them.
    But once I feel comfortable and I can be myself I will go out on a date with a guy and I have went out on dates. So I think it's ok to date If you are insecure because once you feel comfortable, safe, and you can be yourself all of the thoughts will go away.

• Yes , I totally agree. People with psychological problems shouldn't date until they love themselves 100 percent.

• If the dating field was limited to only people who loved themselves 100%, it would be QUITE a small field.

• If you're to the point of tearing apart every compliment and not feeling the least bit confident EVER, you should wait until you feel ready to date before you even think about it. You need to love yourself before you love anyone else.

• I believe everybody has insecurities so I voted yes to date. It would also depend on how bad the insecurities are effecting a person.

• I think you dont need to restrain yourself from dating because you are insecure 🙊 but yeah insecurities make a person hard to date.

• I think it depends on the insecurity

• I think first a person should gain a bit of confidence before dating. Because rejection for an insecure person can be hell.

• feel insecure if there's any beautiful girl around me, but I still want a date. let's go to another place. lol

• Everyone has an insecurity

• Well.. it depends. I'm insecure and I don't date but I would sugest everybody act opposite.

• Depends on if you're currently going through therapy.

• if they are then no they shouldn't date?

• No, if they are, then it's okay to date. It means they are on the road to recovery. That's a good thing.

What Guys Said 11

• Disagree. Confidence to me is not a black and white thing. It is more of a spectrum. Many people are very confident in certain areas of life and not so much in other areas. I don't think I've met anyone who was fully confident tbh. If the insecurity is badly affecting your life, it would be wise to improve, but that doesn't mean take yourself out of the game

• Well everyone has insecurities, it depends how big and dominant these securities are in a persons life
    I am insecure about my hairy butt =P, but it doesn't change every decision i make and i don't need constant reassurance that its ok to have a hairy butt

When people have insecurities that change their decisions than they shouldn't enter relationships

• World would be full of singles - Everyone insecure to a degree

• Depends on the type of insecurity you're talking about. And regardless, dating will normally boost someone's self-esteem (unless they end up with someone that is a horrible choice for physical or mental reasons) and help reduce those insecurities about themselves.

• i agree... get rid of your insecurities as a first step :-)

• you shouldn't date at this time

• .. and then on a beautiful sunny morning 2 years later... he is still not dating.

• Eh, I don't know. I'm totally secure and it actually makes me intimidating and undateable to most women who need a man to be dumbed down to their ground level and I'm just not. I'm way up her and they're so very far down there that we just can't make a connection.

• I see most women as being so intellectually inferior to myself that I actually view them as huddled objects of pity. I put myself in the friendzone intentionally even with beautiful women because I honestly know that they simply will never be able to ascend and soar to the high mountains where I dwell. A counterpart must actually run on the same wavelength, and there just isn't anyone who can appreciate and understand my reality.

Isaac Newton never found love because he was a pure genius, and he would have had to utterly debase himself to even converse with a woman of his age.

That's why stupid, idiotic men get a lot of women: they run on the same wavelength. Quantity over quality.

So, even though my confidence is pure to the core, it does no good because I am too intelligent.

• We are all insecure at the basic level. It is how we handle ourselves in spite of it that makes the difference.

• How would you ever overcome your fears if you didn't try? Maybe there's nothing wrong with you, maybe it's all in your head. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• this is a very complex question.

anyone who says an absolute yes or no is wrong. thats all i can say.

• So far four guys said you shouldn't date if insecure. I say to those guys, you shouldn't date then if you are not the whole package... And doubtful you guys are. Top ten percent then I would say and I am in that group easily. Yes of course insecure guys should date, they will probably make great dads and many will grow out of that insecurity. and insecure in dating means nothing in other areas. so many "confident" guys shouldn't be confident, lol.