How to treat a girl?

there's so much weird advice out there from be aloof, to be an asshole, to complement her, to make her feel special...

I don't know what to believe anymore or how to be around women?

how should you treat a woman you like?

Most Helpful Girl

• Respect her, be sweet and kind, polite, make her laugh, be nice, show her you appreciate it if she helps you with anything, show interest in what she says ( her opinion, etc).. Do not be a jerk, do not be superficial, do not catcall her, do not be a perve, do not make her think you think she's just a piece of meat, do not say sth that might bother or upset her, do not show off or talk about yourself..
    Girls want a guy who thinks she's beautiful and who gives her enough affection, not someone who flirts with any girl he sees or who gives her the impression that he mostly wanna sleep with her.
    And remember MANNERS ARE A MUST.

• ok thank you! how do I show interest in what she says? like I listen & I stay quiet & ask questions but how else can I show interest in her for who she is?

• This may sound corny, but read Dale Carnegie's "how to win friends and influence people". Generally speaking people like to talk about themselves or things that interest them and sometimes it doesn't take all that many questions coupled with actually listening to really get them to open up.

• thanks man... actually weird enough I just got that book yesterday... I actually already do everything he talks about & I get praise from men & women & I'm really good at listening, questions, & making friends.. but if I wonder if I overdo it or what it is that I'm doing wrong. or if I'm actually doing anything wrong? ( I live in miami so I wonder if the girls are just way too superficial, or if my body's to wide, or something).. idc I just want to find an answer.

What Girls Said 3

• Well, how I would like to be treated by a guy that liked me is like replying to texts, being nice, being funny, being there for me, basically be like a girl best friend.

• Treat her as if you would want a guy to treat your daughter

• If you like her, be real. Show interest in her likes and dislikes, open doors for her, be genuine, nice and funny. Treating her badly will push her away but being overly friendly will make her think you aren't interested. Make sure to laugh with her and be a little flirty, touch her arm when you laugh and things.
    If she likes you you can only win by being lovely

• ok so just be me... but a question.. what did you mean by "being overly friendly will make her think you aren't interested." ?

cause I'm a super friendly guy to everyone, & I smile & laugh with everyone...

• Overly friendly- if you treat her like one of the guys or the same as all your friends that are girls she'll confuse flirtiness for friendliness there has to be a clear distinction between how you treat her and how you treat friends

• I see.. can you please give me an example of being overly friendly with her & how I should treat her?

What Guys Said 3

• Be nice. Treat her how you'd like to be treated. Treat her with respect and dignity. Ask questions, *listen* to the answers. Ask about that book she is reading or that trip she took or her dog, or little brother. In other words, get her talking about herself and actually care about the answers. If being aloof, an asshole, or total fake is what it takes, then move on. She's not the right one.

• This may seem cliche but it's the truth. Don't put on an act to make her happy, be you, the real you. If she doesn't like the real you, move on, be what makes you happy, and that happiness will trickle down.

• I like to be as courteous as possible. Open the doors for her, pay attention to what she says, and valuing her time while she is with me. Not every girl will be the same, but you need to be yourself around them.

• ok, thank you.. just one question, what type of girl likes this? or what kind of girl normally pays attention? cause I know it's all a numbers game and everyone likes something different but for personal reference... how many girls do you get rejected by out of 100?

• I honestly don't know how many times I've been rejected hahaha. All i know is that im not going to change the way i am because of a girl i like. I can get rejected 99 out of 100 times, it only takes that 1 special one to be worth all the time and effort. A friend once said to me " you have to kill many dragons before getting to the princess"

• hahaha I agree... thank you, you've been wonderful & a major help!