Guys/Girls, what kind of girl/guy do you usually go for and what are you like?

is it true you are likely to go for someone who is at the same level of attractiveness as you? I read this somewhere earlier and just wondered how true that statement was

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd consider myself around a 7. While I feel like girls that are a 9 or a 10 are out of my league, surprisingly, I have dated and gone out with a few. Some of my friends have commented ever since High School that they are shocked at the level of quality of women that have been my girlfriends, some even upsetting their wives over it because they feel they are better looking than me. lol

I believe what helps me is my personality makes up for whatever insecurities I have about my looks. I know that deep down, I'm a great catch and I manage to present myself on first dates and in social gatherings with class and confidence while being completely true to who I am which is kind, polite and very respectful guy. I don't need to be the life of the party or exaggerate stories to make myself look good.

While I am shy and have a hard time initiating a conversation with beautiful women, once the ball gets rolling, I'm usually able to keep the opposite sex interested.

So, I'd say, in general, our confidence level does kind of go hand in hand with how we feel about our looks. Guys who lack confidence won't generally go try to pick up someone they feel is out of their league because long term, they fear insecurities will likely set in.

• what would you define as a 9 or 10 girl? and also what would you define as a 7? These ratings are very subjective. Hehe, you're not at all modest, are you? :P (thats not a bad thing though :))

• I certainly hope my future husband thinks I am a 10 not because he can't get the ones out of his league.

• To me, that's the dream. Everyone has flaws and you have to be pretty egotistical to think you're a 10. But to me, if you can be with your 10, and you are their 10, then you've got it made. I thought that last one I kissed was me finally reaching my dream, being with someone who is incredibly beautiful in my eyes that I shared common values and interests with, but she went back to her ex. But, not going to let that get me down! It's too bad some people can't move away from their past even if that person isn't right for them... but who am I to judge. Just going to keep on doing what I do and find my 10. :-)

What Guys Said 27

• Intelligent, informed, and also tender and emotional. Not the easiest combination to find, but it's fun looking.

• Atm im not really in the dating scene (My body is a serious trainwreck) so once i loose some more weight and get my Muscle mass up ill try and date. (Girls dont like guys with my Physique you see).

But i guess once im able to date, Id say all im really after is a Pretty face, Larger body (Not Massively fat or anything, Just nice and thick and curvey, I dont like skinny Physiques), A Pretty face (To be honest with you though, Im yet to meet a girl who i would genuinly consider to have an ugly face), I realise you're probably reading this thinking im a bit of an asshole for only finding girls of a certain (Larger) body type attractive physically, But tbh everyone likes there own things, Just as girls have never liked my body (Hence why im changing it).

But for me the big thing would be personality, I would want someone who i feel like im not trying to impress them, Someone who i can be best friends with and do fun stuff with. And for the love of god they gotta be positive and have a good sense of humour, I could not be arsed dating someone who is negative and boring even if they were a 10/10. Personality is like 90% of what i would look for. And im not even joking on that.

Not very easy to find though :/. Hopefully i will in the future.

• You aren't an asshole so long as you dont go about being mean to skinny girls. I have my preferences for certain physical characteristics but Im not horrid to guys who dont have those characteristics so Im not an asshole either :)

• I will go for any girl that I take spontaneous interest in.

• We guys don't know have a clue of attractiveness in a men is, because girls like so many different things, some girls like skinny guys, others like muscle guys, others like them short and stylish, others like them tall and serious, others like goofy ones, so we don't know, with girls is easy, an attractive girl is an attractive girl no matter how different she looks, you can just tell.

I personally like skinny girls that are confident in themselves, even if they are retarded about life and think they know everything when they are more lost than a fish in the desert. I hate mean girls tho, they can easily look ugly even if they are not.

• I prefer to date women who have similar morals, values, hobbies and goals to my own.

@justbanANNAz and @XNicholeMariex3 and two good examples of the "type" of women I go for and who are similar to myself in terms of personality, morals, values, hobbies and goals. This is generally what I look for overall is compatibility with looks being more secondary.

• Well im into this sweet funny bisexual cheerleader whos pretty goofy and we never take shit seriously together

the oool part is i'm really comfortable around her while usually around girls i have feelings for i get this lump in my throat. and she was always super vocal about how much she loves me while i still haven't really even told her she's my dream girl

• You should tell her, wouldn't hurt. Sounds like you really get along, thats one important thing u need in a relationship in my opinion. :)

• LOYAL.

LOYALTY seems to be something that is dying in this day and age. The amount of cheat posts I see on this website makes me sick.

Loyalty, humility, tenderness. For me at least.

... And boobs...

Aw yiss. Motha. Fukin. boobs.

I'm joking.

• @GirlsEatGirls @GalaxyHotChoc
    ^^ That level of attractiveness. Explains why I might be single

• I go for any girl that intrigues me. On a scale of their attractiveness level, most of them are in the average-good looking area, so they're definitely not the most attractive girls out there; however, most of them tend to have many guys take an interest in them.

• Actually, I don't necessarily believe that. I know some people who dated someone that was "out of their league". But then again, I can easily be wrong. I'm average height and I look for women that are classy or high maintenance and that are also petite. Just me though

• And they need to be intelligent lol most important part of them

• Honest Caring Understanding? I don't care about attractiveness as much course
    I look for how someone comes across If there Is any spark there between us But your right lots of people just say wow I can't go out with them they haven't got the looks and woman do It more then man?

• I went way out of my league, and somehow it's working out. If we even share some remote thing in common, I try my best to start with that. Beyond that, I love girls who are patient and understanding. Intelligence is nice too, and maturity for sure.

• I go for traditional women, and I try to go for women who put effort into their appearance like I do.

• Well dressed, air of intelligence, nice walk
    Smiley, and happy

• I go after more attractive woman than me.

• Nah i shoot for the hottest girl in the room. I might strike out, but i think what if i didn't, i get to go out with this super hotty!

My wife is definitely prettier than me. ^^ not the hottest but my type for sure.

• Athletic, Smoldering, very intelligent, classy, energetic, big curly/wavy hair, feminine, confident, hot/endearing balance.

• To be honest, I like a girl that is confident and a little emotional at times and nice. She can be shorter than me, hair longer than mines, nice hands, don't really care about hair and eye color.

• Strong Minded, Intelligent, Loyal also adventurous (World). I don't really have a preference on women but I guess brunettes.

• 95% of the time I will go for a girl that's interested in me. I will give people a chance.

• definitely a challenging one..

• I go for girls of all levels of attractiveness.

• I go for someone who is on the same level of craziness as I am. Difficult to find one :(

• Intelligent , talkative, romantic

• someone who is into poetry
    someone who I can stare into there eyes and get lost
    someone who will sing no matter how good her voice is
    someone who likes to laugh
    someone who likes animals
    someone who is intelligent
    someone who has a unique laugh and isn't embarrassed by it
    someone who loves Disney
    I am a kind person who cares nothing about looks and physical features as long as her personality is golden unique and her own she is perfect but she has to be generous caring and kind to all it also helps if she is happy about herself and smiles nonstop even when things are looking gloomy she can smile past it and look toward a brighter future if they can do that then the list I gave are more like preferences :)

• Someone who makes me feel great as well as being pretty.

What you say is true tbh.

I have a conundrum about two at the moment. Could you help me out pls? Would appreciate it!!

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1370383-is-this-flirty-female-friend-into-me-am-i-into-her-why-do-i

• I've no "type".

I am... ... ... ... Something else.

What Girls Said 21

• I usually like guys that can teach me new things, that have goals in life and feel that family is important. Is also great when they are funny, even trying to be funny is great. Also, a guy that is sincere, very important. Seems like guys say lots of lies to get a date or to get laid, not necessary. if you try to compliment us with non-common things we would feel more appreciated because it'd show that you are paying attention. And again, a guy that does not lie. someone that is interested in life and living it at its fullest.

• I go for guys who are around my age (I don't get the going for older guys thing, I mean I prefer a younger guy by a year than a guy older by 2 years). I also love guys who are smart and funny. Generally I like skinny, maybe a little toned, and not crazy buff. More lean. I also like guys who have similar interests. Like a joy of reading, psychology, and other things I like. I genuinely like guys who are vey similar to me personality wise. I need a guy who gets my weird humor lol. I don't really like guys who are stereotypically hot, or way "hotter" I guess you could say than me? I like a guy who is just as attractive as me. Guys who are too much physically hotter than me usually come across as players and not serious about a relationship. I'm not into guys who are all about one night stands. I like a relationship. I also don't like guys who are way taller than me, I'd rather a guy who was a little shorter than me then one a foot taller.

• It's 80 % true for me.. firstly, i'd go for an okay looking guy - he doesn't have to look like a model. Guys with sense of humour and those who can make me laugh can easily get to me. They should show respect, kindness, sensitivity - not only to me but also to others, I might get attracted to a guy who treats others in a non superficial way and as equals. They should be able to keep the conversation going, not take every single thing I say seriously, appreciate me, be there for me when I need them...
    I'm really sweet and I don't like showing others that I don't like them - I'm friendly with everyone and treat them the same, no matter if the guy is creepy, boring or awkward. I'm really fun to be around, i'm spontaneous and the guy better be one too! :P

• I guess the type of guys I went for were men who liked video games, nerdy, looked good, and was fun to be around. The dude I'm with now to me is hotter than I am. He is smarter than me. Plus to me he's physically and mentally perfect. I still can't believe I'm with him. XD

• Between 5'4" and 5'8", on the thinner side (not too muscular), light colored hair (doesn't matter that much I guess), intelligent, good sense of humor, and a pretty face (sometimes)
    And of course he must appreciate my oddness

I don't know that's just kind of the pattern I've found with myself

• A 7/10 in appearance. Personality 8/10. Aspirations and goals / ambitiousness 8/10. Must be drug free.

• i want a guy who is a gentleman, easy to talk to, intelligent, and willing to listen to my rants about anything.

fun fact: i thought my current crush was the biggest douche ever when i first met him, but he proved me wrong. I love a guy who can prove me wrong

• At this point I just want a guy that will be faithful. And honest. I'm sick of being lied to and chested on. And having my emotions played with. So I'd like someone that didn't do anything of those things.

• He has to be intelligent, strong, a family oriented, loving, generous, an excellent provider, protector, healthy and athletic, tall between 5'8 to 6'2. Between 150 and 180 lbs. And he has to be really adventurous and would love to teach me new things I haven't tried yet lol. Most of all, he has to not care of how tall or how much I weigh. All It matters is that he gets to wake up every morning, finding me sleeping next to him. And he knows that I want to be with him.

• the crazier he is, the better his chances of getting with me. ;)

• Anything with genitals.

• It depends he has to at least have a brain nice personality and be taller anything else is just extra luck for me
    Now about myself mmh... if I don't know you I will be shy but once you do I am this artistic but spontaneous person and I get along good with everyone I'm smart and black with a good body and looks or so I'm told

• I think people do, our least should go for people who are the same level of attractiveness. It just makes sense to me, I guess.

• I have an unhealthy attraction to slightly older ex-fratstars

• I go for guys and girls that are into music (can sing or play an instrument). I love good people who are kindhearted, sweet, but also strong since I'm kind of shy.

• Strong *but a lean Spiderman type* respects his parents. Can cook stuff besides Ramyun, great with his hands 😉 *in the physical and handyman-building sense. Loves me only. Loves netflix and "snuggling" staying-in dates. a lot of other stuff too :)

• Intelligence, humor, optimism, and honesty are definitely key traits

• The number one thing ( or should I say things, there is a tie) is intelligence and humor. After that comes the looks, right now I like a guy from Spain, but I generally go for Asian guys.

• For me i have 2 types of guys that i tend to go for. I either go for a shy nice guy or a loud childish sporty guy, Here are the types in more depth.
    guy 1: tall, either black or dirty blonde hair, shortish hair, brown or blue eyes, boyish face, slim figure, smart, shy, polite, sometimes a bit weird
    Guy 2: Tall, ginger or brown hair, longish hairstyle, brown eyes, muscular, freckles, loud, funny, can be rude at times, sporty, not that smart

• In the past I've almost only had interest in men from other countries and with another culture/religion and over all upbringing and values than me. In the end I realized that none of them were treating me well (which doesn't have anything to do with religion). The guys I fell in love with were cheaters, criminals etc. and I'd describe myself as a "good girl" so I can safely say that I've been the living example of opposite attraction.

However, I'm now in a long term relationship with a man who very much share my values in life and who is also a lot like me when it comes to interests and humour. He's not like any other guy I've been interested in before and not at all who I imagined myself falling for, but we click on a different level than I've ever done before and he knows what I'm feeling before I even know it myself. From day one it was like we knew each other already and it's just become better and better over time.

• He must be intellectual, handy, and chivalrous... somewhere between 140 and 200 pounds, not bald, can't earn less than me or be shorter than me, can't be a smoker, a gambler, a big drinker, or have substance abuse issues. I prefer someone reserved, I don't like guys who thinks they are funny cause they generally are offensive more than funny.