Late 20's here: Is it wrong that I still have an imaginary girlfriend?

It is not my fault because I tried asking for dates. I have a good job, motorcycle, a home, & experience. I only rely on alcohol, netflex, and my dog for lonely nights. I still have an imaginary girlfriend and go to movies and dine-ins alone at the bar. I show co-workers and friends that I have a girlfriend by using a random picture of some girl. When I show up to parties, they would ask where she was, I say she is study abroad! I cannot speak of the truth, even if it kills me because girls most never know the truth. They would run for cover & say creep. creep. creep. Ever since, I left the military; I most not speak of one truth. Only to my dog and she understands & loves me! I cannot imagine living old and being single. It would be creepy to any girl.

It is not my fault. Any 30-something year olds, do you still have an imaginary girlfriend?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 5

• You won't have room for a real girlfriend if you hold onto your imaginary girlfriend. It's time to break up with her in order to move on and put yourself in situations where you can get a girlfriend. She was real to you, but now it's over. It's not healthy or attractive to mention past lives in new relationships either so no need to bring her up. The longer you hold onto her the less chance you have of getting in a relationship.

• It was not my fault because I tried & failed. My imaginary girlfriend is my normal like Tom Hank's Cast away, WILSON!!! WILSON!!! Thanks for trying.

• alcohol and drugs is the new sex.

• Lol I haven't done either so I couldn't say I agree. If you're happy, don't worry about breaking up with Her.

• MOM. SHE'S CALLED MY *WAIFU* AND HER NAME IS MIYUKI TAKARA [bursts into tears] AND ITS NOT A SEX DOLL ITS A DAKIMAKURA [sobbing horribly into an anime girls face]

• At your age you really shouldn't be so down and out of the dating game. If not your fault then who's? By saying you have a girlfriend studing abroad you limit the chances for your friends to set you with someone. Alcohol is not your friend and it will only cause you to feel more depressed in the end. If you want a relationship look into trying a dating coach or a singles seminar. If you have the will you'll find a way.

• Everything was tried. Im like Tom Hanks from cast away: WILSON? WILSON!!!

• If not your fault then who's?
      Say that to a cancer patient. IT was your fault for having cancer...

• You can't compare your lack of a girlfriend to someone with cancer, it's completly absurd! As someone who knows someone who battled cancer and died as a result I find your reply offensive, and immature. How dare you compare yourself to someone who's battling a potentially deadly illness! I regret even trying to offer you some advice.

• not wrong, a bit weird.

do you have friends? personally, I think meeting someone through friends is the best way to go.

• Thank you for trying. I have friends. My only real friends is my dog and alcohol. Only my real friends know the truth.

• Lol thanks for the laugh!

What Guys Said 5

• "It is not my fault"

sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/.../...is-my-problem.png

I grew out of my imaginary friends almost a decade ago.

• No, no imaginary girlfriend. Dont do that yourself. I do he same things ad you, going go bars movies concerts big and small venues alone.

If you are there with an imaginary gf how are you going to get to know anybody there? Maybe some waitresses will actually get to know you and they will just say I have a friend, or maybe they could like you.

Or just any other girl will like you, if you speak of a gf, everything's gets turned into a negative for any progression

• Don't bother looking & don't give a flying one about finding a girlfriend... then you have a better chance of getting a GF , ironically. Girls do not give guys that lack female attention the time of day , it's called " Pre Selection ". But the single life has many advantages.. I should know , I'm married & must have my own space. I'm ex British Army & have had lengthy dry spells in my 20's ( some self enforced ) You do not need a another person to validate you , focus on yourself !!

• first things first drop the alcohol.. It's a depressant if you continue you'll always be depressed... AA bud.

• Alcohol is the best thing in life!

• yeah if you don't abuse it. Like drinking on the couch watching Netflix until you pass out. Which you probably do. It's okay bud I've been there and I'm still working on it.

• i don't because it depresses me even more