Crushing on a guy who's cheated in his past. Will he cheat on me if we date?

So, I'm really into thus guy who lives 3 hours away from me. We've already had sex and we've gone on dates and what not. He's told me how much he likes and respects me. However, this weekend I found out why him and his high school sweet heart broke up. Apparently he cheated more than once. I brought it up and he said he would not lie to me, but I'm waiting to talk about it in Person. My friends don't think I should give him a chance, even though this guy and I have had a thing for about 4 months. I want to date him, but he's not into the whole distance thing. And if I date him, should I be worried about him cheating? Even if he had sex with someone right now, it would definitely hurt. Should I invest less of myself in this relationship, since he has a history of cheating? *side note* I build walls and have been considered heartless, and he knew this. However, he made me fall for him.* Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• if he has reservations about dating you (the distance) and a history of cheating then you are sort of walking into a precarious situation

of course cheaters can stop cheating but I would personally not want to get involved with it

What Guys Said 2

• If you date this guy prepare for a ßhit-show. A known cheat who lives 3 hours away is not likely to remain exclusive.

• And you're asking what to do. You should give him a chance and see with your own eyes.

What Girls Said 2

• Cheaters gonna cheat. It's not sure he will but there is a big risk that he will cheat on you, so if you don't want to get hurt by him I think you should move on ;)

• I would put money on it. A cheater is a cheater.