Guys: My sort of boyfriend wants to see me, but he won't sit in the same car as my mother?

Ok so I guess I've been on and off dating this boy for about 4 months. We live in different towns but have never met yet... we started dating through mutual friends. He says that the deal beaker in our relationship is that if he doesn't see me then he can't handle being apart anymore. There is this dance at my school and I asked him to come with me. He said he would love to but he doesn't have a way to get there. My mother doesn't really approve of him but I know that if I ask her chances are she'll bring him because I rarely ask for anything. I told him about it (he knows my mother doesn't really like him) and he said that he will NOT be in the same car as my mom. I can understand but he does this to me all the time. It is always MY responsibility to find transportation for him and he rarely tries to see me. I always have to see him. I almost feel like he intentionally makes it impossible for us to see each other. I'm really confused as to what is going on and any advice or input would be much appreciated.

41

Most Helpful Guy

• If he really wants it to work out between you guys he is going to have to face your mom eventually it's like winning over the mother in law can't really marry the bride or groom till you get her respect also mom can make or break a relationship so gotta deal with her even if you don't like her

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 4

• Not worth it. If a guy/girl wants nothing to do with your family then they don't really care for a long term relationship. It's that or he's immature. They're no fun to date anyways.

The not making an effort to see you thing may be because he's just messing around.

• Hate to break it to you, but long distance relationships never work. And if its you not him making the effort, its not worth it. Break it off, dont go to the dance with him. its not your responsibility to find him transportation. if he wants to go with you, he'll try to like your family and he'll try to do things for you.
    Dont waste your time on him

• you probably should break up with him u both live in diffrent towns

• just dump him, long distance, especially in highschool will not even last.