He's 9 years older than me?

I met this guy through one of my girlfriends, he's friends with her fiancé. We met for coffee last week and it was a blast, time flew by we seriously sat there just talking for 4 hours! So like the subject says.. he's 9 years older than I am which I don't see anything wrong with that. (I'm 23 he's 32)

Our date went so good he asked me out again and we're supposed to meet up tomorrow night. Even with the age difference, we see eye to eye on many things and we basically want the same things for the future.

Now I'm just nervous I guess because I've never dated anyone that old maybe by 4 years tops but not 9. We pretty much know a lot about each other from those 4 hours we spent talking lol, but I'm nervous about if he's really into me or not. I actually really liked our date and how great he was. (Why have a not dated older men before? Lol)

Older men out there 25+ any tips for this 23 year old here.. much appreciated.

Women out there that have dated older men, what was/is your experience like?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm interested to hear more about what you think and feel about dating older men. I have actually been meeting girls who are almost 16 years younger than I am but we hit off. I'm starting to think all young girls are fun with bubbly personalities. The only fear I have being older is if we commit and start a relationship that I take more risk. I would like to believe that love trumps all but I think a big age gap has lots of challenges and obstacles ahead. I think older guys are more willing to commit so the ball is in your court young lady :)

What Guys Said 4

• Don't broadcast drama. 1) We don't want to hear it and 2) the more you broadcast, the less we trust you. Oh, and don't make drama or whine either; the more mature you act and seem like you have your shit together and don't fall apart at a minor crisis, the more attractive you become. We do not want to rescue you (some of us do, but that gets old fast); we want partners we can trust

• Oh, and if you're 23, don't ask an anonymous question in the 25-29 age group. That just illustrates immaturity and untrustworthiness. Basically, a good rule of thumb for any adult guy (that is, one aged 29 and over by the insurance industry) is to not date a woman before she is 25 because she doesn't have her shit together. Sadly, I've never known an exception to that rule and have heard women themselves say "I can't believe that I was that immature."

• Ultimately, just be yourself. Be honest and be direct. Don't bring too much girl drama.

• Ok 32 23 not a bad age gap still roughly in same period of your lives. Don't think you need extra instructions just the usual if it feels right, go for it.

• To tell if it's socially acceptable you take his age divide by 2 and add 7. If you get along with him then and you really like him then don't worry about it. The only thing that could be a problem is your own nervousness about it.

• Whenever I read something like this: "To tell if it's socially acceptable...", I instantly know "Unscientific horseshit to follow."

A good rule of thumb is this: If you have the same cultural references, that is a good start. Without the same cultural references, communication will be difficult in the long run.

What Girls Said 1

• Your 23 but your age group says 25-29