Would you date the perfect Guy/Girl who had the same name as a sibling or close family member?

Let's say this guy or girl you've meet seems to pass off on everything you want in a relationship and person from the initial meeting.

However, they have the same name as your brother, sister, mom, dad, etc... would it be strange to long term date them? have sex? get married? etc...

Why?

(i am kinda in this myself at the moment)

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Shouldn't be a problem.

• i guess the idea of calling out her name in passion would be weird. and my sister i feel would tease me about it. lol

• Get her to change her name to Fred.

• haha ill think about it.

What Girls Said 2

• I've dated a guy named Erik, and I have a cousin with that name, and my name is Erica. Plus his sons name was the same a my cousin in-law.

• I wouldn't not date someone cuz they have the same name as a sibling/close relative. It would b nicer if it was a close relative & not a sibling but i wouldn't dis them cuz of a name

• yeah... i guess i need to just come to terms with the idea.

What Guys Said 1

• In this situation now... we decided on using nicknames. She has my sister's name and I have her ex's name