Does checking an ex's social media contribute to you not moving on?

Like I keep checking his Facebook even though I deleted him it's so annoying... how do i stop?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes definitely the day you find yourself not looking at their social media accounts (Facebook/twitter/instagram etc) is the day you're finally moving past the relationship :)

As to stopping doing it with Facebook de-activate or if you don't want to do that block him so he doesn't come up in search bar, twitter- not much you can do other than block them again even though you can still search and instagram I deleted it because I kept seeing her like pictures of friends of mine and felt myself clicking her profile.

What Guys Said 1

• Immediate block. Every form of contact should be severed or you will let them drag you down further (which is probably what they want of course). I've been in your situation, its a hard change emotionally for your brain to make in a small amount of time. Live by this and keep repeating it in your head - "Out of sight out of mind." You will probably go back again after a while, but it will just remind you that looking only makes it worse.

What Girls Said 1

• I'm in the same boat girl. It has been almost a year and I still stalk his social media. This does not count as moving at all.. we are both sadly still stuck.