I'm 19 and he's 31... how do I tell my parents?

We've been together for 3 months... and I really like him. How do I tell my parents that I'm dating a 31 year old man?

Most Helpful Girl

• Try to avoid the age gap question as much as possible... but if they bring it up don't lie. Just say he's a bit older, but you really like him and you trust him.. I'm not sure what else to say.

What Guys Said 4

• Just tell them cause it's better they know

• since you're an adult you don't have to tell your parents with who you're going out with in my opinion ;-)

• If I was your father I'd be fine with it, the guy could help me load the car with some plastic sheets, some lime and a shovel, then we'd go on a nice long drive together.

• ... what's the lime for? 😨

• Aids decomposition. lol

• You do not tell them. Ever.

What Girls Said 1

• Better to tell them honey. I'm 19 dating a 30 yr old man (well more like 10yr old man child lol) been together for over a year and we live together. I told my parents and even though they did not like it one bit I made it clear to them even if they don't approve of it at least respect it to keep the peace and after a few months they've changed their views and approve of him which was a relief for me. No matter what happens you need to think about yourself and what makes you happy. You're an adult and they need to respect that.