Can someone explain to me why race matters when it comes to dating?

I see all sorts of girls (and guys) saying "any cute black guys on here" (other sites) etc.. and I'm like, dude, why does race matter when it comes to dating? If a white guy and a black guy are of the same attractiveness, and of the same personality, what does it matter that one's black and one's white. I don't get it?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 4

• In addition to the natural attractive preferences others are arguing I'm going to add we are taught to prefer and avoid certain races. Intentionally taught as well as learned through example.
    If you come from a family where everyone has married within the same race, it is more likely for that to be what you are looking for since it has been the model relationship your whole life. The same goes for those that come from interracial families: because you've been exposed to those couples, it is natural for you to be more open to others.
    Then there are those that have been told not to date outside their race or for their whole life have heard negative comments about interracial couples which make said relationships unappealing.
    I personally have been taught to only date white men through both of those: there are 0 interracial marriages in the entire history of my family and I've heard some very derogatory comments about interracial couples my entire life. I was never attracted to anything but white men and would never dream of having anything but white boyfriends. Being with another race is just not something I would ever do.
    I'm getting married in 13 days. My fiance is black. Didn't matter one bit when we met and fell for each other.

• What's more comfortable for dating

Example I like Hispanic guys because I'm hispanic even though its just an ethnicity rather than race

• Yeah but the black is bigger

• Because of preferences.. And what theyre comfortable with too.

What Guys Said 4

• Most guys just have a natural preference or attraction to a certain type of race of women that doesn't mean they won't feel attracted or date women outside of this preference though. For instance my natural preferences revolves around White, Egyptian and Hawaiian, but I still feel attracted to and would date races of women besides the 3 I mentioned.

• not for all people dude... for myself skin color means nothing basically1

• fetishes

and personal preference of looks

• Because white people are considered more attractive, in general. Simple as that.