Once a cheater always a cheater?

Is it possible for them to change?

• Yes
  • No
  • It depends

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the relationship and why he cheated. Was it a long affair or a one night mistake? Seeing as you're not married and only 19 I would move on because you deserve better and you two have no ties that will keep you bound ( children/marriage ). Did he confess or get caught? If he confessed he's showing he has remorse but if he was caught chances are he's done it before and will do it again.

• All he did was kiss her. He confessed, And he cried and begged for me back for weeks. Was I wrong for giving in? His apology felt genuine.

• I don't know all the circumstances so I can't really tell you if you were right or wrong. If you forgave him just keep what he did as a warning and if it happens again there will be no excuse. It's really only a choice you can make because I don't know him or much about your relationship with him. I hope he was sincere and you made the right choice. :)

• thanks for MH, I hope things work out for the best!

What Guys Said 8

• if someone can get away with taking $20 from you each time do you think they will stop? some people are just not worth your time and can do more harm than good.

• Definitely it's never a one off thing...
    Remember people are rarely caught out cheating the first time, it should makes you wonder. ;)

• Basically a ex is ex for reason so i don't go back for more
    i like to leave things right where there at and i believe too
    once a cheater always a cheater i believe in this 50 % chance
    Can someone change that's hard to swallow but it
    is possibility it can happen but i am not going say yes
    they can change and things will be different cause you
    can't really tell.

• If someone cheats
    they are more likely to do it again as they clearly have a blatant disregard for the other person in question.

If peeps get back together and it's all great and dandy... The Trust will always be gone... thus destroying the relationship anyway

So yeah... Once a cheater always a cheater

• EVERYBODY can change basically!

• Absolutely

• For me, it's true. I was cheated on twice by the same girl.

• Its like once human always a human!

What Girls Said 5

• Yes, until it happens to them and they realise the hurt and damage they have truly done.

If you can get away with something and you feel that you can safely justify it to yourself, you are going to do that.

For me, once a cheater, always a cheater.

• always a cheater. i dont care how harsh that seems. i haven't been cheated on but iv been through enough shit in my life to realise that I'm not some kinda emotional doormat.

• It depends on how long you've been with the person and the circumstances under which they cheated. (nothing makes it right) Once a cheater always a cheater is a stupid thing. People change.. tastes, veiws, manorisms, we grow and develope thats how life works.

• in most cases this makes sense

• I've cheated once 2 years ago.
    I never cheated again, because I regretted it.