How would you react if the person you were dating joked about this?

How would you react if the person you were dating said to you in a half serious/half joking manner that they would cut off your dick if you ever cheated.

For girls just replace "dick" with "clit"

so how would you react?

(you've only been dating for a month or two)

• I'd break up with them :o
  • I'd stay with them but consider it a red flag :/
  • No big deal, it's just a joke :)

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 6

• 😐 ok if I was a guy I would find that disturbing, I would be hesitant though, probably laugh it off and be wary about it.

• How would you react if the person you were dating joked about this?
    A. I'd break up with them :o

Outside of feminist groups I find male-on-female violence is rarely outraged so I to me a guy stating such implies he would/could resort to violence.

• Zero weirdness. Voted C.

• like I said, no big deal, I can take a joke.

• He jokes like that some, but not actually to that extent. He knows I won't cheat, so he hasn't even said anything about it.

• Let's put it this way, if the chick is crazy enough she might do it. But if she's really sweet she might just be worried about losing you. Just break up with her first before you even think of another girl.

What Guys Said 8

• I would get very serious and have a discussion on the statement. Women think it is so funny to say something like that but it is pretty messed up. And in reality, a man is not going to be able to do that to a woman. They do it in some countries where they can forceably restrain the women. But it is a lot easier for a woman to actually do that since our parts are on the outside.
    I trust my gut. if I thought in any way that there was any bit of truth to it I would get up and walk out. I would end it right then.
    If I felt, after a discussion, that it was truly a joke, I would let her know I do not consider that funny in any way and would not want to hear that again.
    if it every came up again in the future, we would be done immediately.

• It depends on whether she wears a Confederate flag, or carries a weapon. Normally, I'd just think this was a joke.

• If its in a joking voice which is pretty obvious I'd just laugh no big deal, but not like this lol
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R2M_vWWXDY
    skip to 4:12

• Voted B) but to be honest I'm torn, if they are jokingly enough or sarcastic then I wouldn't think much of it at all.

• what if they mace a circumcision joke?
      :p

• To be honest, if I know that they know how much I'm against circumcision, I'd know they're explicitly trying to tease me, and I'd get that they're not serious

• i'd think she wasn't meaning it basically

• Are rape jokes funny? are FGM jokes funny? there you will get the real answer to this question my friends and now where are the feminists when you need them? they sure do think its a harmless joke when a mans penis gets cut off and say its negligible. BUT WANT A STORM over a top notch scientist wearing a shirt thats marketed by a company and make him cry and say its not negligible. the irony. oh because its so sexist and feminism is about equality. YEAH RIGHT KEEP THINKING THAT WAY AND MAY BE ONE DAY FAIRIES WILL FLY OUT OF MY ASS AND TELL YOU THAT ITS FUNNY. HAHAHA.

• We're done here.

• I takes it a crule mind so nothing to talking with her anymore.