Why do guys never like me as a person or ever want to go out with me or even be my friend?

I have always been quite shy and never had male friends but I can talk to guys now. I am 20 soon and i like to dress feminine, clothes and hair are important to me but I can have a laugh but i am also quite nervous, when people get to know me they are quite surprised at my boy like sense of humour because I apparently look quite girly and stuck up, I love to be kind, I love animals and I draw a lot. I tend to wear blouses, fitted skirts and have wavy red brown hair and green eyes, and I am a slim build but i have quite wide hips. I just want to know why guys aren't interested in me, whether its how i dress or my behaviour or am i ugly? i just have no luck at all and all my friends have guys after them :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Shy girl... Hardly make eye contact, smile demurely, and keep modest in your speech and manners? From a guy's perspective it looks standoffish, and aloof. Hard to approach a girl who seems unapproachable, Guys look at a girl and ask themselves "Am I intruding, is this the TIME to talk to her?" and if you aren't giving any hints that you have any interest, the guy thinks "I don't want to come off as a creep so I will wait until she's more receptive." So the guys stay back, and you wonder why they don't talk, and they wonder why you aren't interested in them.

• yeah thats exactly what i do, i don't know how else to act :(

• Eye contact and smile, it's the beginning. If a guy doesn't get that hint he'll ignore you.

What Guys Said 4

• Hard to tell, but I suspect your attitude/mannerisms are turning people away. I'd suggest putting yourself in some sort of situation where you have to make small talk and learn to interact with LOTS of people on a daily basis. I used to be awkward around new people until I worked as basically a cab driver for a couple years, making small talk with thousands of people I didn't know. Now interacting with new people is easymode. But it took a lot of work.

• Thanks, I just don't know how to not be awkward around guys, Instead of letting them know I like them I'd prefer to reject them of for them to think I hate them so I don't have the humiliation

• What helped me be more comfortable around others was realizing that nobody was better than I am, nor am I any better than anyone else. For most of us, the first part is the most important: nobody is better than you. We're all just people. Even the sexiest or most famous person you ever meet is just a person trying to get by in the world, trying to do his/her best. The purpose of dating isn't to find someone who's willing to settle for you; the purpose of dating is to find someone awesome, to forge a relationship where you make each other better people. A mutually-beneficial relationship. Absolutely everyone you ever meet... you're better at something than (s) he is. You know more about some subject than (s) he does. You bring something unique and wonderful to a relationship. Embrace that and be proud of that.

• You might wear too much makeup.

• You sound like a good catch and beautiful lady maybe you just have bad luck right now, i'm sure somebody will be chasing after you eventually. keep your head up and you will find an awesome guy to share life with.

• to me you seem nice, maybe show a pic of yourslef (if you want). I'm shy too but with me, if i get to know people i open up. Maybe try and find a guy that hangs out with your friends and just be around him and slowly try to talk to him. At my work i literally took me 2 months to get calm and not nervous and now i talk with everyone there.

• thank you! I may not sure yet. I have tried to get along with guys but they end up just wanting a one night stand or ignoring me or winding me up and I dont really understand why because I am not sexually flirtatious at all, I am very shy about that thing..

• how i act around guys. I am shy and i giggle sometimes, or not speak and when i do its probably about japan or something like that. I hang around with normal guys, at university

• If you are used to hanging around with these guys try and overcome your shyness by talking to them first. I will tell you this. I like this girl and i was scared to talk to her and now she comes up to me and talks to me first haha. Maybe try your best to do that. If not try talking to a guy on Facebook. Any guy will like it if a girls messages him first

What Girls Said 1

• If u think u act like a guy try to hav a more girlier personality

• i do have a girly personality, just close people see my male humour

• I don't think a "girly" personality or "male humor" has anything to do with this. It's the shyness and awkwardness.

• Depending on how desperate u are u could always try finding out what a guy likes in a girl and try to match personalities and qualities