Got rejected pretty bad, was a bit nervous, but already laughed it off with a buddy, just wondering why it ended so bad?

So I caught this girl at school looking at me we made eye contact and she smiled. Next week I had her in class at the end I went up to her and told her whats up, whats ur name. She said it I said mine we shook hands and she looked away and kept on packing her bags. I then asked her for her #. She said umm y, I said maybe we could hangout. She paused a sec and said no so i walked away. Just wondering why would she lead me on like that there was also like 4 kids around. Im actually real attractive (overly confident) and have the body of sylvestor stallone in his prime I'm about 5'9 she was probably like 5'4. Im a bit awkward so can someone explain this lol. To my taste she was about a 9/10 and just my type especially cause i love excercssing and stuff and she was in a workout course.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ok, first of all, all she did was make eye contact with you. Thats not leading you on. I've made eye contact with old ladies and babies on the bus, and I wasn't looking for a date! Eye contact can be an innocent thing and you read way too much into it. Second of all, she doesn't even know you. The fact that she continued to keep packing up her stuff should have been a hint. Get to know someone before you ask them for their personal phone number!!! Lastly, that ego of yours is a massive turn off. Confidence is sexy, narcissism is gross. She might have been your type, but you weren't hers. Not everything is about looks dude.

• ok i get that but i can differentiate eye contact from eye contact like the i think ur hot kind

• If she's cool she won't judge you about it, if she's a jerk she will likely be weird around you and tell other people, but if that's the case then it's honestly a blessing she said no. But I mean, you're in your 20s, so I suspect she's of similar age and hopefully is mature enough to not act stupidly about it. Otherwise you have full rights to tell her to grow the (normally I would add an expletive here but I'm not sure if that's allowed) up.

• ight cool thanks

What Girls Said 3

• Too much too quickly, you can't ask a girl for her number right away... You have to talk to her a bit

• I would just kind of think of them as the weird kid (no offense to you) who asked for my number. I most likely would shake it off, and forget about it as long as the guy didn't keep stalking me or something.

• ight cool not too bad

• Eye contact doesn't mean she wanted you to ask for her number to hangout, even if she was looking at you because she thinks your hot/cute it still doesn't mean she wants to hang out with you, maybe its because you went ahead with it too quickly some girls really hate that

• true maybe being str8 up isn't the best way to go about it lol

• sorry for the rejection

What Guys Said 2

• Two reasons:

1) You waited to ask. When you like a girl, ask right away, especially if she demonstrates she like you, (you waited, so she may have felt a bit rejected and in her mind already moved past you by the time you asked).

2) You asked at the end of class--meaning, you asked her in front of a group of people, and in particular, a group of people she's going to be seeing frequently. She probably doesn't want to get judged, have rumors flying around about her, or otherwise have people she knows aware of her dating life. Being discrete is important.

3) Suggest getting together, THEN ask for the number (you did it in the reverse order). Get her talking and enjoying speaking with you first, then suggest meeting, then get a number--that's the best way to go about it.

Hope that helps.

• Lol, added the 3rd reason last minute--consider that a bonus ;)

• No, leading you on would be to say "let's get to know you a bit" rather than saying "no." If she's made up her mind and giving it to you straight, she isn't leading you on--it just isn't the answer you wanted.

And she never led you on--she was interested, but it would seem you didn't act quickly enough. Friendly tip, always accept the responsibility for the outcome--that forces you to think about what you could have done differently, rather than to write it off as the other person having a problem.

Good luck with the next one :)

• thanks a lot for the advice man I agree with you 100%

• You need to talk to a girl more in order to get her number.

• ya i thought that after but i kinda felt real nervous yolo type thing

• @insanedude A girl is not just simply gonna give you her number, you need to talk with her at least for 10 minutes make an impression and then she might be interested enough to give it to you, get to know her.

• your right dude i think my nervousness made me a creep lol