Girls, is texting a must for you in relationships?

I don't really like to text, I don't even have a smart phone. I take pride that I can just leave my phone places and forget about it instead of not being able to tear myself away from it. I still call or text daily to my girlfriend though if that is what he wants, I just don't respond back right away 90% of the time, maybe right before bed we will catch each other.

Would that be a deal breaker for you ladies? I feel like a lot of woman now a days require constant contact and feel unwanted or un-appreciated if their guy doesn't always want to be with them/in contact with them.

As a side note, I have found someone who is not much of a texter herself, so I know it is not everyone, but it has been a problem for me in the past and I want to know what most girls think.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes dude... I prefer someone text savvy

• May I ask why? is it the need to be in constant contact? or to feel appreciated?

• One conversation for one day is enough.

• Okay, I think I can handle that at least. :)

What Girls Said 4

• Hmm depends honestly on how the relationship forms in the begining. So in the begining if you guys speak only through texting then texting might be expected through out the relationship. If she has a shitty phone too and doesn't like to text then be open and say hey my phone sucks and im not addicted to it, lets call and meet up to talk

But remember that no matter what type of phone you have, its nice to recieve a cute little good morning text or thinking of you text

• Sounds reasonable enough. and ya I try to remember one or the other at least every day

• i love a texter its nice to know u are being thought about :)

• As long as you're actually meeting her quite frequently and explained that you hate texting... should be fine.

• I was very upfront with it, as I learned otherwise they take it personally... and I usually see her twice a week. btu sometimes only once or maybe three times, we are both busy.

• Well that's okay. Just don't leave her hanging. Send her at least one text or call her up for a few mins each day so she knows you're thinking about her. You don't have to text/call her 24/7 lol, but don't make her feel like she's been forgotten.

• sexting hahhahahaha

What Guys Said 0