Why do people who like old music get praised and those who listen to modern music get hated on?

If you listen to rock music, classic music, metal, blues, jazz etc people will praise you and speak positively but if you listen to Electronic Dance music people get mad, to them its an insult and they think they know everything therefore they give their own ignorant criticisms plus people have no PATIENCE to understand it. Compared to other genres EDM gets the most hate FOR NO REASON besides the fact that people are IGNORANT. No one is just pressing play, it's not easy to make and their are many different VARIATIONS and SUB GENRE. You are free to hate on it but at least educate yourself so that you know exactly what you are hating on and I am talking to you bloody rock music fans.

Most Helpful Guy

• 80% Of people who listen to music such as Polka, Jazz, Blues, Christan, Rock, Emo, Hard Rock, Metal, Thrash Metal, Metalcore, Deathcore, Deathmetal, etc. They mostly are nice, well mannered. These kinds of music take a lot of time to make and thinking to do. It makes people excited for next albums because of the the hard work they put into it.

On the other hand there are people who listen to Pop, Hip hop, Rap, and Dubstep.

Today you can turn on the radio and most Rap music has drugs, sex, women, Violence, and a lot of language in it.

If you turn on the radio. Most Pop music has Sex, Money, and style. One of the latest songs I think it was called "selfie" was pretty much about a stuck up girl who was judging people by how they look. (then took a selfie) Honestly looks don't matter. I known some people that are actually offended by it.

Dubstep is.. Well it's just Wubs and Dubs. There isn't really verity in it. Sounds all the same.

Moreover common people (mostly youngsters) usually have a tendency to just blatantly follow what's 'hit' or what's the 'popular culture' rather than to actually listen and resolve a work of art in-depth. Teenagers (and mostly young people) usually have a preference for not music, but for 'beats and bass' so that they can dance on to it. You add sex to it, and you are an instant hit. When bands like the Beatles were first getting big, there were actually plenty of people who were criticizing them for being too suggestive. Even the word "rock n' roll" evolved from a sexual term used by blues musicians in the Mississippi Delta. Most older people viewed rock n' roll as morally corrupt, "pornographic music". This included the Beatles, who at the time were considered one of the more "squeaky clean" bands. To them, songs like "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" or "Please Please Me" had extremely suggestive implications, despite the fact that they never said anything explicit (at least not on the level of any modern rapper).

• bwahahaha are you that dumb. DUBSTEP IS ONE GENRE!!! NOT EVERYTHING IS DUBSTEP YOU DUMB ARROGANT BITCH!!! SO YOU EXPECT EVERYONE TO LISTEN TO YOUR SHITTY MUSIC BECAUSE THAT FITS YOUR STANDARDS? YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HOW EDM WORKS SO KEEP YOU BLATANT IGNORANCE TO YOURSELF. AND QUIT BEING BUTHURT.

• I never said "Everything is Dubstep" I also don't EXPECT EVERYONE TO LISTEN TO THE AMAZING MUSIC BECAUSE THAT FITS OUR STANDARDS. So sir you need to calm down there. Relax, take a few breathers, and have a good day.

• I expected you didn't bother to read my first comment at all. XD

What Girls Said 1

• Woah, dude, easy on the hate there... I don't judge people based on musical taste, just because I don't like their music doesn't mean I dislike the person. That would just be silly.

But still; ROCK MUSIC FTW!!!

• FUCK ROCK MUSIC AND HITS IGNORANT FANS!!!

• Sure bob look at your comment you're judging me just by my music genre xD im just stating that you look like an idiot generalizing everybody

• @Ulyss

You can't reason with this guy, he's too much of a block-headed cunt. Now I just like to see him get angry and spew dumb stuff. It brings me entertainment.

What Guys Said 3

• Because people like music written by talented and skilled artists whose work stood the test of time.

I can agree that many of these haters often forget about the garbage music that co-existed with the long-lived and celebrated classics in those times. Garbage music has always existed and always will. It's just that newer stuff is always easier for corporations to market and sell, which is why they're always looking for new bands to promote and ram down our throats.

I honestly believe there are some good modern artists of this generation whose work could withstand the test of time as long as work from Jimi Hendrix and Led Zepplin. But unfortunately most modern stuff is garbage that will be long forgotten about in less than 10 years from now. But yeah, I don't like how some people can be so pretentious about their music tastes.

• The thing with electro dance music stuff is that it doesn't seem complex and not really unique or , well, it's hard to explain - special in some sort.
    Kraftwerk and bands like these are bands you can see making the music on stage, EDM people have their drum machines and loopers and stuff like that and no one sees what they're doing. Rock artists interact with their guitars and synthies on stage and vary according to the audience. I guess these are the reasons behind that.

• Modern music is mostly garbage but it's just music who cares

• Thats your opinion not a fact. Lots of old music was garbage too.

• And the people you are referring to are OLD. The older generation will always talk shit about the younger generation because THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND. 40 years from now women will be saying to their daughters "In my day we had better singers like justin bieber".

• No actually most talented famous musicians today agree because they take their influence from it a And sample it.