Why are women more picky about who they date than men?

Why are they on average more picky? What do they look for?

Most Helpful Guy

• Easy. Because biologically men are made for quantity. We're supposed to spread our genes by getting many girls pregnant. many babies, that's the clue. We're therefore mentally designed to be less picky about who we fuck, as long as we don't really have to take any responsibility for it. Knock her up and move on, and hope our baby will be ok in the future.
    Women on the other hand can make one every 9 months at best, so they're made for quality. PLus they are left to raise the kid, so they want to maximise the chance of it surviving. Also because guys are ready so quickly they can pick. Therefore they're mentally designed to be chosy and to pick best option.

Obviously this idea of how society works is looong dead, but instincts die hard. That is why guys can lower their standard when looking for a fuck, while girls still kep their standards up (their brain subcontiously tells them to look for strong genes).

So in short; men are not as dependant on getting the best genes possible, while for women it's about finding the best. Or at least that's what their brain tells them.

What Girls Said 6

• Because the person I am dating could possibly be the father of my future babies. I want to choose carefully. I am not really picky with looks but I am with character and what they do.

• Because we have more options. We can actually afford to be picky.

• Elaborate

• Yes. We wait and PICK. So we pick the best out of our options.

• And that's why men go with multiple women, so he can do the same thing.
      Assuming both the man and woman are of equal attraction. Men have the advantage if they're willing to approach more.

• They just look for someone who would be right for them. Begin a serial dating woman is not attractive to everyone.

• Their not its equal, trust me I've been rejected for my looks and the same happend to some of those guys who rejected me, it's human nature.

• It goes back to evolutionary days

• Pffft. The guys I know are usually verrrrry picky on what girl they like. But to answer your question, some of us have standards... Some higher than others.

• Well they've done studies that women are more picky. I'm just wondering why.

What Guys Said 7

• They aren't. Men are, overally, more picky about dating, while women are more picky about hooking up.

However your age band means you're facing a massive supply/demand imbalance. Basically you are competing with guys age 18-40 for women your age, so the women have more choices than you by a wide margin.

By your late 20's, supply demand will be in your favor, though mildly, and remain that way for the rest of your life.

• From strictly a biological standpoint, women have a lot more to lose.

• basically i've met tons of men who are picky... me inculuded as weill ;-)

• Because biology.

• One, it's important for anybody to be careful about who they go out with.
    Two, they have better prospects than men.

• biology, evolution, despite the inventing of the birth-control pill, that doesn't change thousands of years of evolution

• Because they want a huge dick, a huge wallet sugar daddy. etc.