Is this too young? Is this normal?

Next week I turn only sixteen, but I want to fall in love with someone so badly! I have dreams about just holding hands with a guy and I sometimes cry during romantic movies because the characters have found their other half and I'm alone. I'm young, so I'm not exactly sure if it's normal to want love this badly. And I have/had a crush on a guy two years older than me who is in a relationship, and I've told him how I feel, but I still can't get over him... I just don't really know how to explain this any better than I already have...

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds to me you are rushing things really quickly. Slowdown.

• My parents always assure me it's not true, but they favor my brother and always side with him, so I often feel... Emotionally deprived...

What Guys Said 4

• i feel like this too. My friends dream about all night 3 ways, i would prefer a wife and teaching my son life lessons.

• normal, i have dreams about my crush sometimes :3

• im in love, im 15, its normal, i even saw babies in love.

• and yes its normal to want love extremely, everyone wants to love, wants to be loved.

• It's really not all its cracked up to be

What Girls Said 3

• Me too! Lately, I've watched like 8 coming-of-age movies where the teenage boy falls in love with the girl, and I know it's really cliche but I want that to happen to me...

When I was little, I left my window open in my bedroom praying that Peter Pan would come into my room, and swoop me off my feet into neverland... lol

I guess we are just romantics

• I've been called a romantic a few times! Yup!

• cheesy, love notes, cute pictures, shout outs on social media, you and him till the end, no teenage heart break, love songs... etc.. etc ya my life story i want it soo badly. its normal!

• We are kind of similar, everyone thinks that I am rushing things, but I don't think that's true