Men vs Women. Who has the power when it comes to dating and sex?

As a younger guy, I've always thought women pretty much held all the power when it came to dating/sex. As I've gotten older I still believe that women pretty much have all the power when it comes to sex, but men gradually begin to have more power in the dating game as we get older. I feel that while it's easy for a woman to get casual sex, it can be hard to find a good partner who isn't just interested in sex and often it can be the guy who holds the power in regards to that kind of commitment especially if she's already slept with him.

What is your opinion on this?

Most Helpful Guy

• For dating and sex, women have the most power. For marriage and long term commitment, men have the most power.

What Girls Said 3

• Men vs Women. Who has the power when it comes to dating and sex?
    In my opinion guys.

In dating guys generally approach so likely all/most of their options are desired while gals generally approach so they have to shift through to find a desired option.

In sex guys generally are more likely to get pleasure/orgasm ans face less risk for rape, STDs/STIs, and shame for sleeping around. Getting pleasurable orgasmic low risk sex one gets praised for seems more of a power than easily getting non pleasurable non orgasmic risky sex one gets shamed for.

• Society definitely rewards guys who sleep around and doesn't do the same for girls who sleep around. That is 100% true. The risk of rape, running into a serial killer etc I agree with. STD/STIs not so much - if a guy doesn't want to use protection then don't sleep with him. I've gotten STIs from girls who had STIs but didn't tell me. This one goes both ways.

The one thing about sex for guys though, is that it is VERY difficult for an average or below average guy to get any, whereas the reverse isn't necessarily true for girls. Just my opinion

• Men can also get UTIs outside of a vagina. The most common UTI pathogen is E. Coli, a common pathogen found in the gut. One theory as to why women are more likely to get UTIs is because the vagina is much closer to the anus and more likely for contamination. But all this is beside the point, I can name you over heaps of examples of medical conditions that men are more likely to have than women.

In regards to your 2nd comment. I think that shows that men and women have very different priorities. Many men would love to "eat for free" as you put it, if we are looking for sex only then our standards can drop quite low. Your statement shows that women do not place much value on getting casual sex/hookups but more so on the quality of the partner. Whereas, for a lot men its just about getting laid. Different priorities and therefore, why we have such different perspectives.

• Guys getting UTIs doesn't change STD/STI wise gals are twice more likely to get infected.

I doubt guys would love to eat for free when eating for free is only rooting through the garbage. Looks standards may drop but I doubt pleasure and risk standards drop.

• I think women have more power then men when it comes to dating and sex

• The woman, if she is pretty

• What about average woman vs average guy?

• Depends on their personality and how insecure they are. How lonng they have been alone, how desperate they have become, how sexual they are... etc.

What Guys Said 4

• Until I hear a guy say he won't put out on the first date my answer will be women

• Women have the power because men are more desperate

• women, because ultimately, women do the choosing, not men

• I agree with you there