How many of you girls and guys wouldn't date someone with a criminal record?

I've been in quite a few posts here and I've heard a lot of people put down other people with criminal record so I just decided to do a post myself. I want to know who would or wouldn't date people with criminal or?

• I would date a guy with a criminal record l
  • I wouldn't date a guy with a criminal record
  • I would date a guy with a criminal record as long as he's no longer a criminal
  • Depends on what he's done in the past
On the vote I meant to say guys and girls, I apologize for the guys. I know some of you aren't gay but just vote anyway, pretend I said girls to.. My bad 👌😌
To anyone that is taken offense in this post I apologize and I meant you no harm. I was only entertaining myself because it's Sunday and I'm bored and everything that I need to do has been done already. some of you may hate me but I hope that you can find it in your heart to forgive me and move past this... I'm really sorry to all of you for my rude comments but I was just challenging your replies thank you and have a great day

Most Helpful Girl

• it depends on the type of crime commited. anything violent, absolutely not. something political or silly juvenile trespassing, maybe selling pot (no hard drugs), I don't think is a big deal.

• *by political, I mean such as protesting or trying to help people and getting into trobule. not corrupt politicians.

• Well put

What Girls Said 17

• No, I would not.

I don't even have a record and I wouldn't want to be with someone, who has a tarnished one.

Are you that same guy that posted similar questions awhile ago and got extremely butthurt over the fact that some women said they wouldn't even give him a chance?

DUI was mentioned. No, I would definitely not date such a careless irresponsible person. You don't need to commit a crime in order to change your ways. If you don't possess the mental capacity to understand why drunk driving is bad, you're not the sort of person I would want to be with, even if you stopped doing that afterwards.

Stealing a purse was also mentioned. HAHAHAHAHA, absolutely NOT! I would never date someone as scummy as a thief! I don't care if you stopped doing it now. You STOLE from innocent people. Your morality is skewed and I would never be able to trust you.

Sorry, but I would not waste my time on a criminal, unless wrongful conviction was the reason. However, your examples translate to on my radar.

• GAG ate my quotation marks. What I wrote was:

However, your examples translate to "Scumbag alert!! Avoid at all costs!" on my radar.

• Sounds like back pedalling to me, lol.

• You make it really hard to be nice but anyways have a greeeaaaaattt!! meat buddy😌👍✌️

• It depends on what they did and why they did it.

• just too much baggage for me. When i know i can get a man (i am currently engaged to him) That is a college graduate and holds an excellent iob and can gurantee a wonderful future for us and our future children then that is who i will go for And not somone whoes criminal record will always come back to bite us. Criminal records keep you from getting a decent job and even buying a house. When i date, i date because im looking for someone to have a future with. I look for marriage material, not someone who can only be a temporary person in my life.

• No disrespect but to be honest it sounds like you're looking for a guy to take care of you and be your bank account.. Someone who will give you all of his money and hard earnings just for you to be there and maybe give him sex... I think that's a leach not saying your leads personally but that's exactly what it sounds like. Keep in mind I said no disrespect

• No im not a moron. I am also very aware that the justice system can fuck people over. college is just an example and just because some people didn't get anywhere with college does not make college pointless. College is also about choices and networking. Some people just have better networking skills than others. Working at a grocery store is still no excuse for commiting crimes. life will always be about choices whether you want to belive it or not. Dont get mad at me because i choose to live my life differently than you. If i wanted to i could go commit crimes too but i choose not to because i have morals, values, ambitions, standards and God

• lol "kay" 😉

• Nope, never. I don't have a criminal record and I deserve to date someone who doesn't have one either. I would not be able to fully trust someone with a criminal record.

• Lol you do realize you can get a criminal record from a speeding ticket as well right?😌

• Yeah. And?

• Damn, 👎I'm glad we don't have to see eachother beyond this post.😌✌️ Thanks for your opinion, you've daid enough.

• I really depends on what the person has done in the past. Sometimes good people end up in bad situations and some of the "good" people are truly evil.

• If he was a murderer or rapist, I'd run as fast as I could. Anything else, I'd give him a chance. I mean, people get caught in petty crimes and sometimes they're forgivable. I simply couldn't date a guy who killed or raped anyone.

• I like your answer👍☺️

• It's too bad a couple of people in this post don't share your views..

• Yes it is too bad. I don't think that a criminal record makes one a bad person per say. It just makes them people who did bad things. Then again, who's to say what's bad or what's good?

• It depends on the crime for me... and how the person is now... most likely I probably wouldn't, but like I said, it would matter how much the person has changed. When it comes to murder or even any type of assault, I most likely would not date them even if they changed. I would be too afraid that there is an underlying trait that caused them to act that way that could become a danger to myself.

• You do realize people get assault charges evrn defending themselves right? So if a guy you're into has an assault charge but he was just defending himself because some drunk guy at the bar came outside wanting the fight, that automatically disqualifies him?

• If I need counseling on anything you would probably be a girl that I'm stuck on dad's in my past and I can't find the willpower to forget her. Everything that I see in here reminds me of her. Commercials, girls with the name Katie, whenever I see things that deal with the state of Arizona, teddy bears from build. Bear. I'm over her but I will always wish things were different between us because we don't talk and she has another and I wish I had a fuckin time machine to fix this fuck up with her but I don't and I brought the mistake on myself by not giving her enough of my time. But this is getting really personal so I'm going to stop it right there and change the subject LOL back to the topic, if you scroll up to updated message you see that I did apologize to everyone for my rude comments and I did that before you even going to topic but thanks for the advice and thanks for offering help on talking to someone.

• No problem. :) There's usually a reason when people commit a crime or drink in excess or turn to anything that is "bad". I don't think anyone is simply evil. Some people grow up with bad parents, so they learn bad behaviors, or sometimes they suffer from trauma and are unable to overcome it, or something along those lines. I definitely think counselling may be good for you to talk about some of those things from your past and maybe get some help on how to overcome those things. I know breakups can be really hard, especially if you loved the person. I dealt with some pretty traumatic experiences myself and just talking to someone and learning to cope with stressful situations better really helped me. ^^

Also, it was very big of you to apologize, so I do commend you for that. :)

• I wouldn't date someone with a criminal records BUT... it still depends on why he has one..
    Some people make one mistake

• Why is having a criminal record that big of a deal to some of you people? You just said it yourself some people make mistakes, especially when their young so why must it define them?

• Even if they scare you, even if we were dating, why would you suddenly judge me on something that really isn't robbery on my behalf? I was simply there, it wasn't even a real gun it was a BB gun, and I was simply in the backseat tipsy. How can you pass judgment on me for something I did when I was 21 and now I'm 28?

• I don't really know how I would react confronted to such a situation. I'm all for the man I see in front of me, it doesn't mean that just the idea of this past would be weird.

• Oh my god.

I know who you are. And I think I am having a heart attack...

Anyways. I voted B. Once a criminal always a criminal.

• Yep, most likely that exact same guy that posted some months ago.

• I would like to thank and congratulate you for being the only contestant left in this post. I wish I could tell you that you've won something bug you but only one my gratitude.😄 and my deepest apologies. I'm not trying to insult you I'm just entertaining myself and you do have the right to choose and pick whomever you want to date in this world. But I do apologize for my rude comments and giving you such a hard time.

• I hope that you can find it in your heart to forgive me and have a great day I meant you no harm

• If their criminal record included any sort of violence, I would not date them. If they have no record of violent crime and have not recently committed a crime (1-5 years crime free), I might date them.

• Never!! What if he tried to kill or rob me?

• Lmao wow 14 year olds date older guys, i've even seen 16-year-olds date guys who were in their 20s and that is considered rape and rape is a crime but a lot of girls don't think it is, they're too busy worrying about getting killed or robbed 😂 but ok

• It depends on what the crime is.

• What if the guy had like a dui or a record for stealing. Out of stores like Maceys or something

• It would depend on
      1. How long ago it was.
      2. If he still drinks and drives or steals.

• It would depend upon what his past crimes were or if he was still a criminal

• i'm dating one right now

• Hahaha that's right!!😄👍

• People deserve second chances in life, but if the record was involving the person being a pedophile or a sociopath I wouldn't.

• I like your opinion terms like this are understandable but some people just said no to completely how do you criminal record. What they don't know is that you can have a criminal record just for getting a speeding ticket or dui or even stealing a pack of gum if the owner of the store decides to call the police and press charges.

• It depends. If he has a criminal record because he was trying to break up a fight and got arrested, I'd be totally okay with that. (He'd be basically a hero) BUT if has a criminal record for drug possession, no. Not ever.

• Read a few of the comments and post and you probably understand where a lot of people's heads are. In fact, you can read the post below you and Seawood me and the girl anonymous said or see what I've said to her

• I have dated that guy and he didn't seem to learn from his past. I had to leave him because he just didn't want to know and I was moving on with my life. Never again. I guess I was a sucker for a guy that needed fixing, he just didn't want to be fixed.

• Some guys are like that in life but some people really have made bad mistakes, I am one of them and I am ashamed of being fool and my younger days. It just hurts inside when you like someone and they pass judgment on you for things you done when you didn't know better or you really didn't care at the time and didn't think it would come back to haunt you actually got older. I guess some people don't see that or they see it and just don't care. They want everybody or everything to be perfect or as close to perfect as possible and having a criminal record is just one of those things that some people can't tolerate. Like some people can't tolerate certain races or their daughters or sons dating certain races. It's like you might as well kill yourself because this is going to hang over your head for the rest of your life just like people with criminal records can't get certain jobs because of what they did when they were 14,18, or 21. People do change but certain people don't believe that change is possible. I've seen cheaters change to but if you read all of these post there is a girl who said cheaters never change.

• I wanted him to learn from his past and to move forward to keep out of a certain crowd but he chose to go back and to do the same things over and over again. I tried helping him move forward with his life and he didn't want it. He was dragging me down and we were at two different points in our lives. He was a great guy otherwise but I couldn't be with someone like that because he was in deep shit with heavy people and I was afraid I'd get a call saying he was dead. I'm not talking about stupid teen mistakes, were both 21 and he's still the same.

• In my opinion you did the right thing because no one ever wants to get that call about anybody!. .. And I'm terribly sorry that you have to go through that, I think at a certain age it's time to stop and put away that part of yourself and focus on your future, like having a family and walking the right path but don't expect someone to be born doing the right thing for all of their life. People make each other mad and people need to take that anger out Somehow, I go to the gym a lot and I can honestly tell you that Jim doesn't always help to control your anger in life. When you try to hide it and lock it away and do the right thing then you snap one day and you get hurt somebody really badly or you can get yourself hurt by doing the wrong things I think it's best to get all of that out when you're young like under 18 or before 21 because when your past 21 then you're only destroying your future and in some cases you destroy your future before you're even 18

What Guys Said 12

• Maybe if it's little things like jay walking or whatever.
    But... theft... battery... assault... burglary.
    No.

I do not fancy someone without moral fiber.

• I'd date a girl with a criminal record... unless her past crime was mutilating the genitalia of a guy or something equally heinous. 90% of the time those with criminal records are really non-violent drug users.

• Hahahaha😂😂👍 I like this guy😌

• People make mistakes. Some of them are better at amending their lives than others. If she were to have sought counseling/therapy and started making better choices, I'd be interested to see where she was headed.

• depends on the crime. driving fine, yes, murder, no.

• yeah Mary Bell is a big NO. Feel sorry for the man who dates her while she's under a different name.

• she's been a grandmother since 2009 and is now like in her late 50's but ewwww... that's not someone any man would want to date. However, she can go under her other name and basically still get a date like that.

• We'll see something like that is understandable. That girl is a complete psychotic murder and she needs to be put in jail for the rest of her life but I'm talking about people who have criminal records for driving or dui or shit like being charged to accessory to arm robbery just for being in the car when people were hopping out going up to other people robbing them with the BB gun. That goes on your record as accessory to armed robbery and it's pretty critical when you hear those words.

• In the past when I was a yolo idiot I would probably love if a girl had some kind of criminal record. Now, I would most likely stay away from her.

• But how could you judge someone when you use to commit crimes yourself... Damn times have definitely changed...

• Okay. lol this shot been over with like 3 or 4 hours? I don't know I didn't even count but the point is it's over so why are you even still talking to me about it? Go find another post to be annoying in already lol you've stated your opinion now move on and quit trying to have the last word and entertain people, have a nice day or what's left of it and good bye✌️😌

• depends on the crime basically

• It would really depend on what she did, how long ago it was and the level or severity.

If it was something so stupid like littering, driving too fast because off an emergency or jaywalking sure.

However, if it was something so serious like the Mary Bell girl who killed two little boys, then nope. What type of man would even want to date her? Yuck

• I'd penpal a woman regardless, but I wouldn't give her my address. I'd use a PO box. Date them? Ehh, doubtful. I'd have to find out if they are truly genuinely sorry for what they did.

• depends on what they did, and if i see they have changed. Certain crimes for certain reasons under certain circumstances I can forgive. It's really a case by case basis

• It depends what the committed crime is.

• Depends on the crime I guess

• Depends on what she did and how long ago it was.