Blending families- how did you intro your SO to the kids when you knew you were serious? Did you intro your kids?

Blending families- how did you intro your SO to the kids when you knew you were serious? Did you intro your kids before committing to marriage? Regardless of when, how did you do the kid intro? How did transitioning to living as one big family go? Did you do anything to merge family rules, determine bedrooms, etc?

Most Helpful Guy

• I was the child in this situation when this happened. My mother told me the truth about what was going on and who this guy was. The most important thing you have to remember is to always put your kids first. The hardest relationship to build is the step parent and child. The parent is not the child's actual parent, but discipline and order is still necessary. You have to establish that your S. O. has the authority to set the rules. At the same time, you have to be sympathetic to your kids. So you have to find the balance. If either side is over the top, then you have to stop it.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 0