Do you think you could honestly date someone you're not physically attracted to?

Someone is in love with me right now that I'm not physically attracted to as much as I could be... we've had sex and I feel terrible, but I just don't feel strongly about them because I'm not physically attracted.

Does this make me a terrible person? Could you date someone you're not physically attracted to?

Most Helpful Guy

• If your ugly yourself, you have no choice. You have to take what you can get. Only attractive people get the luxury of getting people they're attracted to.

What Guys Said 9

• No, you're not a terrible person. it just makes you human.

• Not at all , everyone is instintually driven to reproduce with attractive healthy mates. So id say you're fine, however it does make you kinda horible if you keep stringing him along even though you know you don't see a future with him.

• I did, but I realized that I couldn't love her and it didn't last. I've seen pictures of her now and know I made the right decision.

• Hahaha😂😂

• Well, she is also a very uptight conservative from Texas. I was a long hair liberal from New York. She liked my hair, but wanted me to become uptight like her. Basically, I was her sperm bank and wallet. My job was to have a job to earn money and provide her with children. So, I was an actor who needed to act according to a script. We were a long-distance relationship and we were both 26. One day, she said "You want it too much." (Well, duh, I'm 26 and haven't seen you in awhile.) So, it was then, that I hit the eject button - there was nothing in it for me. I wish her "happy birthday" via Facebook each year, but no reply. Fine by me. She has her husband (less than two years after me) and her redneck children, so she doesn't need me for anything.

• No such thing. People are attracted to all sorts of things. Looks don't matter so much. However, if someone is 300 pounds over weight, which would be like 500 pounds, I mean that would be kind of hard to have any attraction twords. But a girl who is 160 is not so much. Everyone is beautiful, most physical problems are caused by poor decisions, like overeating and weight gain, doing drugs, poor hygiene and grooming, and smoking. Other than that looks don't matter at all.

• Probably not. I don't know why you went that far I can usually tell by the first date or before then that I am not attracted to them.

• Nope, nope, nope. I definitely couldn't because that's not how attraction works.

• No I would not.

• Not in a million years.

• I could. -

What Girls Said 5

• Noop... id be repulsed, i mean i'm sure they are gorgeous to someone else and i'm not calling anyone ugly because id never do that, but sadly physcial looks count to all of us, we all have a specific type we REALLY like so liking someone without the physcial most definiely wouldn't work... to love someone you have to love every part of them otherwise you can't fully accept them for who they are. Your not a terrible person however for discovering being a human and discovering yourself, so now that you know it does count to find the personal physically attractive too you know for next time ;).

• No. I would always end up comparing him to someone I actually find attractive and that's not fair to either of us.

And you should feel bad for having sex with him when you acknowledged that you're not attracted to him because you basically used him for his d*ck, knowing that he had deeper feelings. When guys use girls for their vaginas knowing they have deeper feelings for them, yet they're not even attracted to them they get called a**holes and whores. Just sayin.
    Leave him alone and don't lead him on or get your p*ssy involved when you know there's no future. It's tacky of you.

• You're jumping to conclusions. I wasn't using anyone. I gave him a chance, realizing now it's not gonna work out. That's not using someone. But thanks for the advice!

• oh, sorry : /
      How did you not realize you weren't physically attracted to him before you chose to sleep with him?

• honestly? yes, because my first relationship was kinda like that, but i didn't care. who he was as a person alone turned me on. he was decent looking but not like WOWZERS u know?

anyway, yeah only reasons relationships won't last with me are if there r many other reasons a relationship couldn't work other than a lack of physical attraction.

• I'm curious as to how you ended up having sex with him? But I don't think I could. Though sometimes I haven't been very attracted to someone at first glance and after getting to know them they've become more attractive. But if there was no attraction then probably not.

• No? How would that work exactly?