My mom would rather me date any race besides white...😳?

Its messed up but she doesn't like white guys and doesn't want me dating white.

How do I get her to be more accepting if I do decide to date a white guy?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's gonna be tough to change your mother's opinion without an example. I mean, that she won't change her opinion unless you date white guy and you prove her that he can be as an amazing partner as any other race, but still, it's no guarantee that she'll change.
    Many parents have too much on an ego when it comes to dealing with their kids, since they always believed they're right, so when the kid proves them wrong, it's very difficult for them to admit it, well, at least this is what my experience has told me.

Anyways, it's your life, not your mother's, so if you wanna date white guys, screw her, why do you have to do what she says?

What Guys Said 9

• WoW that sounds really wrong & very disrespectful for your mom not letting you date or hang out with white guys. What's with all the hate about colors of people's skins? I hate when people do this crap. Trust me when i say that everyone has their ups & downs no matter what race you are. You can let people have you be side to side with people they want you to be with. This is your life & you get to choose who your boyfriend would be & for you to date. If you mom hates that guy because he's white then just prove her wrong by telling her that you can hate someone for not having your skin color, but to just love a person you really feel connected to. And I would like to tell you that I'm black as well & I do think that white chicks are sexy as hell. I had a lot of friends & teachers that were mainly white & they were nice to me all the time. Even a white girl had a crush on me in middle school. Anyways, tell your mom on how you really feel about your lover & she possibly might understand everything that you tell her within a later date. Good luck partner.

• you're an adult so you can date WHOEVER you want no matter if your mom disagrees or not basically ;-)

• He has to be rich and appear to genuinely love you so it does not appear to her that you are his ethnic toy.

• Who care what she thinks. Explain that race does not exist. We are all related, and love is something so much more and over comes all things including racism.

• Lol interesting. What ethnicity are you?

• I'm black.

• Oh that makes sense then

Probably has something to do with history. Don't bother changing it for now depending how solid she is, she won't be moved easily

• I bet you guys are black lol

• It depends on why she doesn't like white guys.

• Because she doesn't trust them. 😒

• This just adds to the lists of difficulties for white guys dating black girls. Sigh.

• Just have to put your foot down. It's your life.

My parents implicitly distrust anyone from the Middle East, to a racist and irrational degree (as in, "we can't vacation in mainland Europe because the muslim terrorists will get us" irrational).

The woman I'm seeing is from Syria.

What Girls Said 6

• Just let her know that it is your decision, and she should accept it if it makes you happy.

• Take out the white, and he's just a guy! Instead of mentioning races to her, tell her about how he treats you, what you love about him etc . Let her see how happy you are with the guy.

My mother is cool with me datiing *outside my race* because she knows I'll pick a good one--- black or white :P

After all what matters is that your HAPPYY

• Ok, well first off, don't try to date a guy just because he's white. If you find a guy that is a different race that you like, then it shouldn't be a concern.
    BUT, if you do find a guy that you like who HAPPENS to be white, just introduce them. Show her that he can be a good guy and she should look past his race.

• Well good thing your mom isn't dating them and you are.

• Respect your mother's wishes

• what? -__-

• Just don't date a white guy so your mother won't disown you. My parents have told me to never bring home a guy of another race in particular black and I will respect that. Does it mean that I don't find Asian men or Hispanic men attractive? No, Hispanic men are the hottest men I have ever seen but my parents told me to never bring one home. I am not a racist, neither are you. But our parents are and sometimes its best to respect them so they don't disown us.

• Here’s the thing…. white people have screwed over a handful of other ethnic groups throughout history. Bloodlines have been completely wiped out at the hands of white people *Jews and Native Americans* Countless remains of black slaves and free blacks from the civil rights era are laying at the bottom of rivers, lakes, oceans from the slave trade, bayous. An African American woman on a documentary spoke about the KKK castrating a black man, sticking his penis in his mouth, and leaving the disgusting, emasculating sight for anyone who happened to pass that tree to see. To add insult to injury, many of them deny and invalidate this because they can’t see racism from their seat of privilege. While most of the modern day population has had nothing to do with the atrocities of the past, there are some people who simply can’t see it that way.

You can’t unload or stop the heavy racial baggage people carry. That’s their duty and depending on what they’ve experienced, they may die never fulfilling that duty. If you just so happen to find a white guy you like, just date him in secret until you know you want to have something serious.

• That's unfortunate for a person to resent another person that had nothing to do with actions that happened generates ago because of their skin color and hair texture looks similar to the past culprits. I understand the reason for resentment but I don't think it's logical.