Internet dating, should I tell him I have tattoos?

So, I'm taking to this guy online.
We haven't met, yet. He's a clean cut attorney, goal oriented, and wants similar things as I do.
I'm clean cut as well, but I do have an array of tattoos I accumulated on my early 20's, including a half sleeve.
I'm not embarrassed or ashamed of them, but if I date someone, he has to be ok with tattoos. I've dated someone in the past who made a comment about girls with tattoos, and I literally broke up with him then and there.

So,... should I mention to this guy I have tattoos before we meet?

Most Helpful Girl

• The earlier you tell him, the better. And just for the record, tattoos are A+.

What Guys Said 7

• If he truly likes you he's not gonna care that you have tats. Also just because he's an attorney doesn't mean he doesn't have any of his own. May just be hidden under his clothes unless he's straight told you he doesn't have any. Personally from what I've seen most guys don't care if a girl has Tattoos.

• I'd just leave it
    None of his business, and if he does hate tats. . buts likes you for you, won't matter

• honestly, I'd be honest with him. I mean if you don't tell him and you end up dating and he finds out and lets say he doesn't like tattoos, then thats just going to be hurt feelings for you. I won't lie to you, I don't care for tattoos, I don't find them attractive and well I have a much more personal reason for not liking them but thats besides the point. I'm not saying any of this to be mean or anything mind you, there is nothing wrong with the fact that you like tattoos, to each their own. I'm speaking from more of a general guy perspective. I'd rather she tell me so we could talk about it. who knows, maybe he might like them. better question that I want to ask you is, if he doesn't like them but is willing to look past them, are you going to be okay with that? I mean would you give up dating a what seems to be good guy for your personal feelings of validation with tattoos?

• I don't think you need to make a big deal about it. When you go on your first date, wear something that reveals at least one of your tattoos if possible. If he says the wrong thing, good riddance. You are under no obligation to go out of your way to tell him first. It's not like it's an STD or something.

• I'd just show a pic with them.

It may throw him a little, or he may shift you out of the long term category, depending on what his goals are. Or not.

• be honest.

• i don't see how his profession would affect this.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't see it as anything to "come clean" about. you guys are only talking online so let him find out on the first date. or perhaps show him a full body pic of you in sleeveless shirt if you feel he might be turned off and u don't wanna waste your time. having tattoos isn't like being 50 lbs bigger in real life than you are in your pics, I don't think lol

• Yes, you should bring it up somehow. Not sure how, though, subtly.

• Absolutely let him know. He will apreciate your honesty. When i met my husband here he was this geeky , didn't care about clothing guy. I had crazy hair and 9 piercings in my face, some under my clothes. But we fell in love and when I got pregnant after being married for a year i took out the jewelry.