How often have you fallen for a friend?

Have any of your friendships turned into a crush or romantic relationship? Is this a frequent occurance? When and why did you realize you had a romantic interest in your friend? If you have ended up dating, how have these relationships turned out for you?

Most Helpful Girl

• I fall for my female friends all the time, but expressing that to them would not be a good idea and when I have done its led to me being pegged as Predatory and Stalkerish. The Predatory Lesbian trope, I call it. And it silenced me, firstly as I couldn't Out my ex-girlfriend-sorta-still-my-girlfriend-its-complicated-but-no1-even-knows-we-are-dating-anyway-we're-just-Good-Friends, about the emotional abuse she visited upon me.. I mean, we were young; I forgive her, we're close friends still, to this day. It's not what she did to me, but that I am constantly reminded of it because this is a widespread phenomenon that people believe about us. So. I don't get to forget. And it, amongst thousands of other reasons, makes me want to kill myself.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PsychoLesbian
    http://www.stephenbooth.org/lesbiancliche.htm

What Guys Said 2

• thank goodness never.

• I have fallen for all my close women friends. I usually have a close friend then I developed feelings for her and everything gets ruined. Another girl comes to pick up the pieces and its starts all over again.

Yes there is something wrong with me.

What Girls Said 4

• About 2 or 3 have developed into little crushes (nothing serious) and 1 turned into a serious infatuation.

• I rarely fall for someone if they're not my friend. Everything outside of friendship is physical infatuation.

• 2 one turned badly and I'm crushing on this guy now.. He knows I like him

• Just once. We dated. It didn't end well. And that's an understatement.