How often have you fallen for a friend?

Have any of your friendships turned into a crush or romantic relationship? Is this a frequent occurance? When and why did you realize you had a romantic interest in your friend? If you have ended up dating, how have these relationships turned out for you?

0|0
5|2

Most Helpful Girl

• I fall for my female friends all the time, but expressing that to them would not be a good idea and when I have done its led to me being pegged as Predatory and Stalkerish. The Predatory Lesbian trope, I call it. And it silenced me, firstly as I couldn't Out my ex-girlfriend-sorta-still-my-girlfriend-its-complicated-but-no1-even-knows-we-are-dating-anyway-we're-just-Good-Friends, about the emotional abuse she visited upon me.. I mean, we were young; I forgive her, we're close friends still, to this day. It's not what she did to me, but that I am constantly reminded of it because this is a widespread phenomenon that people believe about us. So. I don't get to forget. And it, amongst thousands of other reasons, makes me want to kill myself.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PsychoLesbian
    http://www.stephenbooth.org/lesbiancliche.htm

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• thank goodness never.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have fallen for all my close women friends. I usually have a close friend then I developed feelings for her and everything gets ruined. Another girl comes to pick up the pieces and its starts all over again.

Yes there is something wrong with me.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• About 2 or 3 have developed into little crushes (nothing serious) and 1 turned into a serious infatuation.

1|0
    0|0
  • I rarely fall for someone if they're not my friend. Everything outside of friendship is physical infatuation.

0|0
    0|0
  • 2 one turned badly and I'm crushing on this guy now.. He knows I like him

0|0
    0|0
  • Just once. We dated. It didn't end well. And that's an understatement.

1|0
    0|1