Is it ok to want to date around...but in the end already know what you want to wind up with?

i know what I want to wind up with. but is it still OK to just date around anyway. just to see what its like and such. explain your answer

Most Helpful Girl

• Isn't that what many people do? I know so many of my friends who are just dating around but know what they really want from a girl/guy. Of course its even healthy to do that, you can't wait around. I think its great you give your options a shot. I agree that dating is a learning experience, imagine you never dated then found what you knew you wanted all along except didn't know how to go about it? It might screw up things, besides waiting around might decrese your chances of finding the one person you really want to end up with, it might even happen during dating. I think its great as long as you don't lead the girls on, that would suck for them!

• Same for us...never lead a guy on...most of us don't like games

What Girls Said 5

• Nobody knows Who is he gunna end up with or when..

when it happens it happens.. I mean you could have an imaginary person who you would like to end up with but it doesn't HAVE TO happen

Maybe someday while you re dating whoever.. you could fall for one of these gurls and start to think about being with he ran dending up with her.. cause that's howit happens.. you re not gunna wait for the rest of your life untill she finds you! You have to looks for her .. she could be around the corner and you didn't even notice it while you re out there dating some loser chick that you don't even like!

Am not saying that you should date the gurl of your dreams now but if there is a chance that meet her.. ask her out! cause if you re not ready to settle down yet maybe there is some other guy out there who is and boom she's gone! she won't wait for you unless you BE with her!

• ITS COOL TO DATE AROUND I DO IT ALL THE TIME THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. IT JUST MEANS YOU ARENT READY TO SETTLE DOWN AND YOU WANT TO EXPLORE LIFE. IF YOU AINT READY TO SETTLE THAN WHY SETTLE? YOUR JUST FORCEING YOUR SELF. SO DATETING IS GOOD... =)

• Depends on age, though...if ur 40 and still dating...you might want to think about settling down, ya know?

• Yeah that's true ... but I mean if you are still not ready to settle down at that age than you need to change an stop living as a young person

• So then y would you want to stay young?

• that's what I do. I even know WHO I want to end up with. I'm just not ready for it all yet. he's my best friend and we both know we connect on really deep levels, we spent the summer living together and we just click. but we both know we are just having too much fun being young and dating around right now. I know I want to wind up with him. just not yet.

• Does he know you want to wind up with him?

• That doesn't make sense at all

• As long as you guys are being honest with each other...then it makes sense.

• if your not in a relationship then its okay for you to date around.

you might not be ready to settle down even if you know what you want in a relationship.

• Yeah as long as you don't expect her to sit around and wait for you

• I meant in general...i don't have anybody like that yet

What Guys Said 1

• Sure the more experience the better. You'll find out more if you don't bound your self for one girl. Be an explorer because you'll try new things and you will be able to bring that into the relation you want to be in down the road. Just protect your self.