Is it okay to ask a guy if he still likes you through a text?

He just seems distant lately and I just wanna be straight forward and ask now before I lose the chance..

Most Helpful Guy

• Just go for it he may not know how distant he is being or how he's making you feel I know sometimes when I get like that my friends worry because I'm usually the one that lightens the mood in some way so when I'm distant and deep I thought they think something I'd wrong or that I'm thinking about what advice to give someone on a big issue or how to handle some situation I don't want them involved in

What Guys Said 12

• Nope... say it to his face. Then you get his emotion. Text does not show emotion... when you want to know how someone is feeling then talk to them.

The whole texting thing should be limited to jus the basics. Are we still on for today... good morning... etc.,

if you want to discuss something as important as do you still like me... talk to the guy!

• Calling or talking in person is better.
    But mention the reasons why you feel the way you do and not just asking if he still likes you. That can be unattractive

• He might get the impression that you are afraid to face the situation. Try saying it directly rather than texting

• I think you would better off calling. There are nuances in voice inflection which can't be transmitted through written words.

• I would do it in person, again that's more me as a guy. I like to be straight up with a person. But again people now a days do it through text.

• Yeah, but you should express your feelings first. Don't put people on the spot like that.

• Doooooooooo it! Follow what you feel you need to do to not feel the feeling of regret

• I would do that if I was you

• If you want a serious answer you should probably ask him in person.

• 5 years ago it probably wasn't but today yeah its still ok to ask via text

• Ask him in person not in text.

• short answer, no. set up logistics, meet up and get it sorted out

What Girls Said 5

• If you want to be straight forward I think it'd be better to do it in person. Through text, you can't really see his facial expression or see if he hesitates or whatever. Save the more serious conversations for when you guys are actually looking at each other =) it's more effective

• It would most likely not be offensive but it would be make you seem desperate. If he is distant, then he is most likely losing interest. There is nothing wrong with you, you two most likely do not click. At least right now. If he gains interest back then that will be the right time for you to be together. I would not contact him again, because I had a feeling you have probably been texting saying everything but "do you still like me". It sounds as if you have down your part, now let him do his. If he doesn't, then find someone who will :)

• so the truth is if you have to confirm someone liking you... they dont. if he's distant its because you already had sex and he got what he needed OR he's talking to other girls. Thats the truth. Move on and ignore him. If he wanted to be around he WOULD be. simple

• Um if you text they can take as long as they want. You might not get a timely answer or a straightforward honest answer. I'd say call.

• This would scare me I don't know