Should I just move on?

I've been dating this guy for 8 months now. He's 28 and I am 19. We go on dates, hang out, text each other everyday. We have sex (I gave him my virginity) . But when I ask him the question about us being boyfriend and girlfriend. He's like it's just a title, whether you're bf/gf or whatever if you do the same shxt what does it matter? But he never says of course I'll be your boyfriend when I asked him (multiple times)... we just end up getting into a big argument. Should I just get past this whole title thing or move on?

I've told him that I love him and everything. He's a Gemini and I'm a Libra.
He's told me before we are more than just friends with benefits.

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds horrible and pessimistic but also the most likely... to him you're young, ripe and sexy, he's got the experience to sit back detached and uninvested while you hope he feels the same way you do, he probably doesn't. It's likely just sex with a pretty young thing who hasn't yet learned to be as challenging and demanding and bullshit detecting as an older girl.

• So should I just call him out on it or just go with the flow?

• If you "call him out" then he'll just do what he can to bullshit you while coming across sincere, or he'll act hurt/frustrated and make you feel guilty, maybe a combination of the two before cutting his losses. It's what I'd do. You can just move on and give him a bullshit reason, he might not like it but he'll have to suck it up and wonder where the game failed. lol

What Guys Said 3

• Either you're a side chick, or... and this is a very real possiblity... he's one of those guys who doesn't have to make everything official with labels and titles and stuff like that. He figures you've been together all this time, enjoy each other's company, what is declaring 'you're my girlfriend' really going to change?

• That's exactly like how he is. he's really laid back. He's just like whether i say your my girlfriend or not we're still going to be doing the same things that we've been doing. But should I just accept it as that?

• If you push for an answer, you might drive him away, so tread carefully. Be wary though: you might be after different things here. You want a more solid commitment, he's cool going with the flow and the risk is that if things change you'll be heartbroken because you thought this was something it wasn't.

• It's fine if that's just not the type of guy he is, but at the same time, your desire to put a label on it is just as valid and should be respected. If it's not going to change things one way or another, why is he so adamant about not labeling it? If he really cares about you and wants you to be happy, saying "you're my girlfriend" is a pretty small concession for him to make... why on earth it actually turns into a fight is beyond me.

TBH, it sounds to me like he doesn't want this to be anything serious. Sure, you're more than just a friends with benefits , but I think he views your relationship as time-limited - not something he's taking too seriously - so that's why he doesn't want to label it. You say you've told him you love him - has he said it back? What did/does he say when you do?

• Think about it like this you been with him for almost a year and he's not calling you his girlfriend. you might want to move on

• It sounds to me as if he's hiding you, from friends, family, hard to say maybe because of the age gap I don't know but I wouldn't let him string you along, if you're looking for a relationship and he isn't is dump him

What Girls Said 4

• If he can't claim you by giving you the appropriate title then you should move on.

Some people do get caught up in having everything labelled but I think you are being reasonable after 8 months to have the title of girlfriend. He believes that you will accept the role you have in his life cos it's been 8 months already. He should want to proclaim it from the rooftops that he has a girlfriend. I think he's manipulating your age and experience to suit his needs/purposes. Move on if you want to though.

• Been there. Done that. Huge mistake. You deserve someone who will want to make you his girlfriend and show you off. Seems that fuybis just using you. You deserve better girl. Move on.

• You're just pussy to him. I'm sorry to say it, but that's what it seems like it based on your description.
    Move on now before he breaks your heart.

• I think you should move on because he will only break your heart.