I made a big mistake , What do I do?

there is this guy i'm dating on skype... we met on my favorite virtual game , imvu. i lied so many times to him , i lied about my age , my name , even about my family , but i feel so bad because i even skyped with him and his parents , he says he never would ever lie to me , and i believe it, and i told him i never lie to him , but i am , and i'm scared if i tell him the truth , he will break up with me and forget about me , and if that happens... i'll never be happy again , i'm in love with him , i never thought i would , it was just gonna be some quick relationship that would end , but every-time we skype , i fall in love over and over again , what should i do?

Most Helpful Girl

• why did you lie in the first place? Honestly you kind of dug a hole that you won't be able to get out of. The fact that you didn't just lie about something like your age but pretty much everything about you (that he knows about you) is just unforgivable. If you're lucky he'll still give you a chance and dump you but eventually talk with you as a person. but I dont see that happening. Sorry hun. You made this bed.

What Guys Said 5

• "And If that happens... I'll never be happy again "
    first things first lets end this line of thought. just because things go south with one guy doesn't mean you'll never find another guy... trust me

as for the rest. I think lying online is relatively common. so I think in this situation you could be forgiven as you could simply say you were uncomfortable giving out personal info to a stranger. some clean sooner than later and be completely honest with him. I think he'll forgive you if you show that you trust him and are honest going forward

• "If that happens... I'll never be happy again" that is pathetic.
    Honest and communication are the most integral parts of any relationship and you have failed to do both of those things. The relationship is already over. Work on yourself before giving yourself to someone else.

• Tell him the truth. It'll come out sooner or later. If you ever want this to be something actually real (and not just online) you'll have to. Be prepared for the consequences.

• He doesn't loved you because you are fack anyway I am sorry for my words but that's true.
    Say him the truth if he still loves you that will be your luck.

• You're not really dating him until you meet. It's just a virtual relationship like the game.

What Girls Said 3

• Then he is in love with a different person, not with the real you. Pray that he stays when you come clean

• Honestly hun, you need to tell him the truth. If he gets angry with you, he gets angry (and he would be in his right to be angry, no offense). Just because you're sitting behind a computer screen does not justify lying about yourself. Also, you need to stop putting all of your eggs around one basket. You're in your early twenties sweetie. At that young age, the world does not revolve around one guy. There are so many other people in the world. If it doesn't work with this guy, you'll find another one even if it doesn't feel that way. How do I know? I'm a good ten years older than you and trust me, we've all said that at some point and there will ALWAYS be another guy around the corner.

• well u could either stop talking to him.. or just tell him the truth and explain to him why you lied.. if he really cares for you he'll understand.