Does race and religion matter to you when flirting or dating with the other sex?

F ex if you are blonde, do you find dark olive skin beautiful? Or if you ar christian, is there any chance you will crush on a muslim?

Most Helpful Guy

• Let's quotes Zarathustra here:
    No! No! Three times No!

What Guys Said 23

• race? no

religion? yes, because i'm an atheist... i'm afraid of religious people, i feel a negative vibe when i'm near them basically!

• when it comes to the other sex nothing matters but her and personality.

• I find PALE skin attractive, so it's hard for me to date outside of the Asian Indian and Caucasian peoples. As for religion, my issue with religion is when they try and convert me, so if she was non proselytizing we would get along just fine. But most religions of the "Book" feel that they must convert non-believers, so most Christians, Muslims and Jews are pretty much out. Hindu, Buddhist, Taoist, Wiccans, etc would not be a deal breaker for me.

• Race doesn't, but depending how seriously we're dating and how serious she is about her religion then that might give me pause.

• Race matters for me above everything else. I don't care so much about religion but since Im against religion in general, I can't imagine myself dating a religions girl.

• Religion does, race makes absolutely no difference

• Hell no lol I'll flirt with any girl any time from any religion

• I'm a blonde, agnostic and I find Muslim girls attractive yeh :) I even asked a Muslim girl out in the past, however she shot me down haha.

• Religion to a very small degree. I'm not religious, and I have no problem with religious people as long as they arn't butthurt about things like lgbt rights and evolution. Politics would be more important (even then, not as important as you'd think),

• Not at all, its all about the person, but i try to be cautious so that i don't insult their beliefs

• I'm not good at flirting with American or Canadian women. So I try to mimic other Americans aha.

• nope.. race and religion doesn't matter to me at all

• No no no ... Come on we now live in a generation where racial, religious separation doesn't matter.. If you like a person.. Love with all your heart... We all are humans right? :) enjoy your life...

• Yes & No.

Race is rarely a problem, religion might be a more serious one.
    Some ethnic groups, like Jews, are incredibly racist, and will not tolerate mixed marriages.

• Race doesn't matter to me, but religion does. I would still flirt with someone from a different religion, but I don't know about dating them.

• For crush nothing matters, love is blind... !!

• It depends on the person.

• as long as she's cool with my lack of religion.

• i am muslim :))

• no, since p is p.

• I perfer, white women. Even more so if she's irish and or italian because thats what i am

• If I'm trying to get laid, it doesn't matter. If I am trying to date her, it depends.

• Absolutely, I have no interest in dating a religious extremist. Fundamentalist christian nutbags that expect the wife to submit themselves to their husbands will and have no backbone or interest in being an equal partner in the relationship disgust me. They're like breeding animals, existing solely to tend to the needs of their man. It's pathetic. A real man wouldn't have any interest in a woman who won't stand on her own two feet and is so weak she's completely dependent and subservient to him.

What Girls Said 23

• I like attractive people. Their race, ethnicity, religion etc , doesn't really come into it.

• don't really care. i'm white, my boyfriend is indian. i'm catholic, he's agnostic (raised syrian orthodox). so it doesn't matter to me haha :)

• Race doesn't matter to me as far as who i'm attracted to or want to date. Religion can change if I would date them. I have no problem with religion however I'm of no religion, I have no plans on converting to a religion either. A few guys I have dated were very religious and I found that it just didn't really work because they were so into their beliefs, were glad I accepted them and yet denied my own beliefs without hesitation. Not saying it can't work but for me, I haven't had the best of luck with religion.

• Yes, It matters. I don't date black guys, for example. I usually don't know their religion during the "flirt" stage, so I just go with the flow. But dating, I only date guys that are Christian; I've tried dating atheists, but they seem to have a very different approach to everything in life, and we don't match up. As for muslims, there's no way in hell I would date one of those pigs, muslims are disgusting haters of everyone who isn't muslim. Moreover, muslim men literally believe that women are their property, and not a really people with an equal value to men. Never date a pig. NEVER.

• Race, not so much. Religion, yes. I'm atheist so I would find it difficult being with someone who's strongly religious.

• I would never date a Muslim or a Hindi, or anyone who sincerely believes in the whole New Age movement and magic or whatever. In fact religious-wise I think I could only date an open-minded and non-bigoted Christian, agnostic, or atheist.
    As for race I prefer Caucasian. I really can't see myself partaking in interracial dating.
    Anyway this is hypothetical, I don't plan on going back into the dating market :)

• I am non-practicing blonde with green eyes and I adore this Turkish Muslim guy who is just so delicious it's unreal.

It matters not whether someone is black, white, etc., chemistry will cross any boundary.

• Race, no. Religion, definitely.

I think it would be silly NOT to let religious beliefs factor into things when you're seeking our potential dates. It's the kind of thing that it's really important for couples to see eye to eye on.

• Race - don't care

Religion - Matters a lot to me

• Only culture matters.

• I care not for either unless it's those really crazy black chicks you see at every public highschool (trying not to be racist)

• Just for dating, religion doesn't matter. But for marriage, it's considered to be important, I think. Coz your partner needs to think and act the same with you so your partner should be in the same religion with you.

• Race doesn't matter. Religion for me does truly matter. Why date someone that hates the God you Serve? Dark and light don't mix. I only date christians.

• Flirting - no.

Dating - looking into something serious - religion would matter. Race would not.

• When it's attraction nothing else matters.

• As long as you don't care what race/ beliefs they have then it should be ok. Only old school parents might disagree if they want you to only marry their family's religion/race.

• Flirting : race and religion don't matter

Dating : race not, but religion does.

• Not really race, but probably religion

• Religion yes at some points but not race.
    And both genders actually.

• No I only like white guys. And I avoid mexican-looking guys

• im a Christian and I would look for someone with the same values as me and same religion so yeah it matters and im blonde and I do find guys with opposite hair color as me appealing brown

• It does. I mostly stay clear of muslims, other than that I would never date anyone religious. Race doesn't matter.

• Race doesn't matter to me I'm black and my boyfriend is white , but religion depending how aggressive it is to them