Why is this girl mad that I'm dating her friend?

I asked out this hot girl I met in class, and she said no but was nice about it. I really liked her, but whatever. About a week after she turned me down, I ran into one of her friends that (we'd met previously) at the student center and we totally hit it off. I got her number and asked her out, and we've been dating ever since. The thing is, the first girl I asked out is now mad at me and doesn't want to double date with my gf and I. She told my gf that it was wrong of me to have asked out her friend after she'd turned me down because I'm "invading her territory." Basically, she says it's not fair that she has to be around me (because I'm with her friend) after she said 'no' to me because it's uncomfortable. Why is she acting like this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls want what they can't have. Sounds like she wanted her rejection to have more of a lasting impact on you. Sounds as though she wants the friend all to herself as well. To be fair to her, maybe she is worried you will turn her friend against her. Either way, don't worry about it. Don't stop the relationship on her behalf. She had her chance and she missed it, so now you are with someone else. Tough luck

What Girls Said 2

• She is incredibly immature and, while she didn't want to go out with you, she DID want you to pine after her.. which is really stupid, disrespectful and immature of her. She's mad because instead of being upset that she rejected you, you moved on and devoted your attention to someone who returns it.

It's her problem, not yours.

• Thanks. I honestly thought she'd at least be happy that her friend is in a relationship. This caught me by surprise, especially since she otherwise seems really nice.

• Well technically you have the right to be with who you want. But who knows, maybe she wanted to chase her some more. Or she feels like you're with her friend to spite her. I don't know. Girls are weird as hell. I would know, I'm one of em.

• Well, she needs to get over herself if she's the type who expects a guy to chase her after she explicitly rejected him. Most women find it annoying and even creepy when a guy won't "give up" after we reject them... girls like her only perpetuate that problem. If you like a guy, fucking go out with him. Don't make him chase you! Not cool.

• @Sara413 hey, I agree. I'm not into playing games or any of that.

What Guys Said 6

• She's just being nasty and jealous. If you like your girlfriends and she likes you too, ignore this 'hot' self centered female you asked out first. She isn't even worth your attention for a minute.

• realistically, she has no reason to be butthurt. you can date whoever the fuck you want, fuck her opinion. I get why it makes her uncomfortable but tough shit right lol. damn sometimes a girl truly shows the bitch inside her.

• She probably was one of those "not ready for a relationship" bitches.

Bitch, you better be ready for a relationship before your god damn ovaries dry up because reproduction is your only real purpose.

• Screw her, stupid spoiled princess would have happily strung you along for as long as it suited her.

• It's a bitches prerogative not to want you to be with someone else, let alone her friend, after she rejects you.

• Hahahaha I get the feeling she thinks this.

• You should make special effort to be a happy couple around her, that's what I'd do! lmao

• She thinks she doesn't want you, so none of her friends should either. It's called selfishness and immaturity.