Was talking about other girls he dated, during our date?

He likes me and the dates were good. But why did he mention one girl he dated and his ex?

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe he thinks it makes him sound cool or experienced. If the girl doesn't directly ask it shouldn't be mentioned though. He messed up ha /:

• Could also be trying to weirdly prove that you are the best he has dated O. o

• Ooo thanks haha
      But how?

• How what? I don't know the context of the conversation but he could have been trashing or saying things he didn't like about his exes that you are better at or you are prettier than them etc.

What Guys Said 9

• just to infrom you maybe? that he has some experience in dating?

• I might bring up my ex girlfriend and how she treated me badly but had that never happen I would never have this special opportunity with you

• Damn... smh he messed up!
    maybe something triggered him to remember one of his exes,
    or maybe he isn't over them
    maybe he was trying to impress you, or express himself somehow
    i hate when girls bring up their exes on dates!
    i am sorry he brought them up!

• was saying how the last girl he went out with always complained and we were talking what were our relationship goals and stuff, so he said " the relationship of me and my ex of 1 year, didn't work out because..."

• Allso one time when I said that I get a long better with men than with girls at work, he said "ya allso the last girl i dated got along better with men".

• Nah now he is comparing... screw that!
      listen you are your own person, if he is already comparing you to past partners i dont think its a good idea to begin seriously dating him, if you think its worth it, bring it up, confront him about always bringing up exes

• Some guys will compare... hopefully he was making the statement like... she use to do this which absolutely drove me bonkers... and I am glad you are not like that!

Not..." I miss this abour her"... or "She used to do this"

If the latter is the case then say ba- bye!

• Because it was probably a big part of his life. Some people feel like you should pretend past relationships never happened, but I think it's good that he's open about his life experiences. I think if he was hiding any second thoughts, he wouldn't risk blowing his cover by directly telling you during a date. It wouldn't make sense to do that. You're fine. Mention it if it's making you uncomfortable. He'll probably understand right away.

• On what topic?
    If it's sex then he wants to do it with you too. Probably no consequences if you don't agree to it. Probably.
    If it's an experience he had, like 'my ex used to visit that antique shop on bla bla', he's just being informative. Some of us guys just talk because we want to talk. Nothing behind it.
    Now if it's in the line of 'what broke my relationship with my ex was bla bla', then he's being vulnerable. That means he likes you enough to be open about it, assuming it's true.

• Was he telling an entertaining story or did he say "I preferred my ex and this other girl"?
    Context matters

• No, he was saying how the last girl he went out with always complained and we were talking what were our relationship goals and stuff, so he said " the relationship of me and my ex of 1 year, didn't work out because..."

• Thanks

• Your welcome

• Was it of significance to what he was talking about or did he just start talking about them for its own sake? Give us context.

• He could be still stuck on her emotionally or he could have been telling you stuff he wants to avoid having to do with again.

• In that context, I don't think there is anything wrong with it.. he was explaining what he's looking for by telling you what didn't work out before. Now, if he obsessed over the past relationship for a long time, instead of staying on topic, that'd be a concern.

• It's probably a demonstration of his desirability dressed up as casual conversation.

• It may be a casual conversation but im not one of his female friends... Im his date.

• Huh! Oh god

• Indeed. lol

What Girls Said 7

• What he said exactly? Maybe he just wanted to give little information about his past?
    Without giving detailed information, telling the past can be a positive thing. Depends on how he said, how he mentioned though.

• He said how the last girl he went out with always complained and when we were talking what were our relationship goals and stuff, so he said " the relationship of me and my ex of 1 year, didn't work out because..."

• It was our 2nd date, when he said she complained. He said she complained already on their 2nd date and i n s i s t e d
      to pay, he didn't like that.
      Maybe the 2nd date reminded him of her.

• maybe he tried to mention you are different ( in a good way ) than her, which seems totally cool :)

• What did he say exactly? I know brining up ex's on dates is a no-no, but sometimes it just happens. Past relationships are a big part of people's lives and usually have effected them in some strong way, so it makes sense that they would come up.

• Well, there are 3 ways why did he does this. 1. He wants to show you that he is nice guy who has a lot of woman, but he choose you and you should be proud ( my bf used to behave like that so I know this shitty situation). 2. He doesn't knows what to say. But he doesn't wants to hurt you. 3. He expected you start to tell about your ex's.

• He's trying to make you jealous. He wants to impress you with his dating "prowess." He likes you a lot but he's very immature.

• Because he misses her. Sorry but that's definitely a guy I would blow off. If it's not right or feel right then trust your feeling! Always!

• He didn't always bring her up, he was saying how the last girl he went out with always complained and we were talking what were our relationship goals and stuff, so he said " the relationship of me and my ex of 1 year, didn't work out because..."

• Lol yeah like I said he still loves her.

• No one brings up a ex unless there's feelings. Period.

• Just to inform you he had experience in dating or he just want to know your reaction if you get jealous or you you won't mind it at all.

• I personally don't like talking about past relationships during a date but many people don't find it to be a big deal. Especially if it's after the 3rd date.