What makes you lose interest in someone?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• - When I learn something about them as a person that I really can't deal with (could be anything, but usually it's serious stuff that are deal breakers to me)
    - Some deal breakers include: being abusive (verbally/physically), being disrespectful, being too wishy-washy, being a smoker, being a misogynist, not taking any responsibility for anything, being too immature, not being able to open up at all, not being capable of being faithful etc.
    - When I'm the only one putting effort into talking to them/meeting up/making plans
    - Basically when they're not reciprocating at all and I might as well just talk to a wall because they're just that passive
    - Sometimes (rarely) I lose interest for no apparent reason. However, it's not like I just wake up one day all like "I don't like X anymore", it's more of a gradual thing
    - When they treat friends/family/people I know (or even random people) badly, and in a way I think is 100% unnecessary
    - When they do annoying things that over time pile up and make me more and more irritated with them. Such as not returning my calls or messages, always running late, making up lame excuses for random shit, never truly apologizing etc. These things can be acceptable when they rarely (or barely) happen and they always take responsibility for it by apologizing. But if it happens more often and they never apologize, never take responsibility and always blame it on everything/everyone else but themselves, THEN I start growing tired of their bullshit.
    - When they pull away from me. I'm SO good at telling when someone starts pulling away from me, since it has happened quite a lot. At this point I'm done fighting for people who don't care about me, so if they want to pull away and cut off all contact, that's fine. Be my guest. I don't want to waste time on people like that.

Aaand that's it, I think. There's probably more, but these are the biggest reasons as to why I might lose interest in someone. :D

• i hate the last point the most. I've started acting like you. I would continue writing them and trying, but not doing it anymore... i actually hate those guys lol

What Guys Said 18

• When we dont communicate in a way that I sense is indicative of strong chemistry. The moment I realize she isn't catching my drift, I lose interest in her as a potential partner.

This is an almost impossible task, I admit. The girls that have caught my attention in the past have either an odd combination of silliness/high intelligence, or are of average intelligence and are very open minded.

• I lose interest in someone from a range of reasons including: Bad spelling/grammar (which shows lack of attention to detail), religious, flaky, vanity, fake tans, bitchiness, lack of motivation, inability to keep a conversation going etc.
    Just be normal.

• *inability to keep a conversation going --> think two people play part in it? It might be your fault as well.

• So when im giving nice juicy responses and creating conversation stems that are met with 1 or 2 word responses, thats my fault? Responses where she gives a flatline answer, no substance and no more room to continue. They constantly create dead ends. Yeah not my fault.

• bad taste in music... i can tolerate most genres... but modern pop/r'n'b/edm and all these stuff are a big turn-off to me basically

also following a religion and going to church, religious metings and stuff like that could be a turn-off as well

• she kills her physical attraction by cutting her hair off, gets fat, etc.

she is miserable, no chemistry... or i find red flags that she's crazy/slutty.

• Lack of reciprocating feelings

• shallow people who watch a lot of television and only talk about themselves and what they want to buy get boring very fast. it is amazing how many people somehow think they are worthy of intimacy when all they talk and think about are television shows and what they want to buy to decorate the house. women like that are devoid of any meaning or depth. same goes for the feminists or the political people who follow political parties and so forth. these people are just angry and repeat party slogans and pretend to be all passionate when all it is is ego and hot air.

on the other hand, spiritual people understand things and always have something to talk about because their values come from within, not outside of themselves. so a spiritual person is almost always advancing in life but INWARDLY so how can you lose interest in someone that is constantly evolving inwardly? the only people that remain interesting are spiritual people because unlike the body, which wrinkles and ages, and unlike the mind which becomes habitual, the spirit/soul never ages, it is timeless and is a fountain of eternal renewal.

• When they won't respond for like 3 or 4 days but they still have enough free time to do a post, or when they do 1 word response, when they act like James bond and keep everything a secret when your trying to get to know them 👈( I just did a post about this last part ) when they have like 10 dates lined up behind you lol! When they lie a lot

• What makes me lose interest is not being able to spend the time with them

• Lots of things. Has kids, been married, lived with a dude, feminist ideals, ball buster, can't cook...

• If I couldn't be with them for whatever reason. Like they are always busy or have excuses for everything.

• If they pretend to be someone else!

• When I know I have no chance and learnt something that is off putting.

• is she is flirting everyone

• Trying to hard to playing hard to get, or trying to "befriend" me has always caused instant lost of interest for me.

• hahahha... lol you guys are playing hard to get way more often.
      Once one of your species accused me of playing hard to get, whereas I was being shy and nervous!!! you might reconsider that one... the girl might be insecure.

and what do you mean with "befriend"? do you mean if she doesn't instantly fall for you and sleep with you...

• Lying and being very insecure. Blaming people for your own problems and not realizing it.

• When I come home to find her with a bag full of used condoms which she got from a trash can that belonged to a brothel, just tons and tons of full and tied rubbers and she's splitting the ends with a knife, drinking the contents and the others she is pouring over her vagina while she fingers herself, on webcam for some website :(

• small boobs and a flat ass.

• Flakiness, I can't stand that shit!

What Girls Said 12

• When only one side is putting all the effort.

• if he getting moody with me. a guy who isn't playful (I'm a brat, I need a guy who can handle that and laugh about it). someone who is unaffectionate. that I can't have a good conversationg with. who doesn't like to debate. a guy who gives me too much attention/doesn't have enough of his own interest. a guy who agrees with everything I say because he thinks it'll get him points (really annoying). a guy who smells bad.

• When I start to see/figure out something baout them that changes my view a little bit
    When they're wishy washy about the relationship
    When they feel too comfortable & start disrespecting me

• When the person has no own opinion or is not intelligent. (Generally, like, has almost no clue about a thing)

• Feeling like I'm not wanted/special by them. Unloved basically.

• Insecurity

• Ignoring me for p*rn . Ignoring me for day long video game marathon. Cheating. Repeated abuse.

• low cofidence/self esteem issues... annoying

• Lazy, snobby, disrespectful towards others and lack of self confidence

• Being disrespectful and not treating me right.

• Weakness/insecurity. I don't care how great you are but you better believe in yourself if you want me to do the same.

• Sometimes just knowing that you can never be with that person or someone else comes along