How likely is it to get cheated on?

Do you believe anyone can cheat? Or do you believe that there are two types of people, ones who cheat, and ones who don't?

How likely is it to get cheated on? Anyone have any good stats or something?

I never thought this question would be so popular 0.0

But the reason i ask this question is because i was cheated on by my first love. And now im in fear of dating again, I'm afraid everyone i meet, will cheat. So i feel whats the point in dating anymore? I feel like even if all is good in the beginning, that we will get bored and one of us will cheat eventually.

I've lost all hope in relationships and im scared shitless to start a new one.

Most Helpful Girl

• Extremely easy, especially before marriage... which I call dating, even in the face of such terms as... pinned... going steady... exclusive... engaged... S. O. ... etc.
    Some things to avoid saying/doing to mitigate this possiblilty:
    ... Always agree to do what she wants to do or she'll find someone else more agreeable as co-doer... usually your BF... so learn these things before getting too involved
    ... Never brag about things she does that would attract other guys/your buddies, like the WOW things in bed or cooking skills, etc. What are you... a salesman?
    ... Always put her first and your desires second... better get used to that b/c after marriage soon you will drop to #3 (kids)

Don't worry, be happy... IF you love someone that you can keep her secrets in the vault and put her first, only to find she cheated... it was never meant to be and The Big Sign that you need to move on to be happy and hold someone that loves you back!

What Girls Said 13

• I think there are people who cheat, everyone always, but I also believe there are people who think they aren't that type, but turns out it happens to them as well - not often, but it does.
    Likelihood of getting cheated on is high... if you're not with the right person.

• I don't professionally know about this but there are different types of people. I know that I could never - never ever - could cheat on anyone. I actually ask myself how any respectful person could do that? Sure there are people that attract you even when you're in a relationship but seriously... when someone is really important to you, you just don't even look constantly at those.. it's not a question. Or open to debate.

• Anyone can cheat. They'll have a reason to why they did it in the first place. It's a 50/50 situation and that depends on the couples situation and the person itself.

• I don't think just anyone will cheat, you're either a good person or you're not and if you think fucking someone else while you're with someone who is under the impression that you're loyal to them is acceptable then you're not.

• 90%.

Everyone cheats. emotional or pysical not always out of bad intentions but because it's kinda human of us, men and women were made to attract each other and produce. Its a waste of time enjoy yourself.. wait until you're ready for a real commitment aka marraige

• Any one who isn't sure about their love for their lover will cheat once they get tired of trying to have something that's not there

• I believe that everyone has the capacity to emotionally cheat, but some have more emotional control than others and some will act on it and some won't

• Everyone can cheat. I will say it again. EVERYONE CAN CHEAT. Doesn't matter if you're a nun or a stripper or a male model or a plumber! Etc. It is IF they are likely to cheat under certain circumstances. Its not ones who cheat and ones who don't. Its ones who are more likely and ones who are less likely. Women cheat at the same rate as men do. Women more for emotions men more for physicality. And with the likeliness? well that depends on trust and selection!

• I think there's a pretty high percentage I guess? I mean even for the people who say they don't or never cheat, there's still a likelihood that they will be tempted to.

• 0% i you stayvsingle. f

• Someone who is indecisive most likely.

• i think most of people break ups are caused of cheating.
    but i also think everyone is not the same, sometimes you might end up with some good ones who's always by your side and sometimes you have ones who keep their passwords from you.

• Most do. break up over cheating because humans are not meant to be in monogamous relationships. It's unnatural natural to our specie which is why most humans struggle with it so much. Open relationships are the way forward. Can you imagine how liberating it is knowing that your partner can never ever cheat on you? Because you take away the whole concept of 'cheating'

• i think there is some type of people who cheat, other who dont and other who will cheat in an extreme or justified situation and i think is 50 %.

What Guys Said 10

• When a person doesn't value human life, those people don't seem to have any respect for anyone else. However, when someone starts seeing that humans as more precious than Gold and worth so much more, than they will respect them. That person that would rather spend his time everyday at the homeless shelter, showing every kind of hospitality to those most fortunate, that person is not going to cheat on you. However, the person who mocks you, talks behind your back, beats you, destroys your reputation, and rejoices at your fall. That person will always cheat on you, beccause they don't see you as a human being. Seek someone who values human life.

• In regards to women... I don't think that the majority of women have the intention of entering a relationship to cheat.

I think as a guy it is our part to treat a woman with respect and do our part to make them happy.

If they are happy, then they don't look at other men. If you treat them like crap... then of course expect them to cheat on your ass someday. Plain and Simple!!

• Two thirds of people will cheat. There is no "will cheat" and "won't cheat." It is more of a spectrum. Most people fall in the middle of the spectrum. Those are people who will cheat if they feel there is a reason such as not enough attention/sex from partner or maybe their partner is mean. On each end of the spectrum you have those who would never cheat but would break up instead, and those who will cheat no matter what--without a reason.

• Well it all depends on the girl.. if she has cheated on the past she will cheat on you too... as we all know once a cheater always a cheater... And it also depends on your relationship... If it is going bad... she may cheat. but not necessarily... Cause if she is not happy she can breakup with you and then do what she wants...
    But if a person cheats on you no matter how much they are happy with you then they are real cheaters... and you should stay away from them...

• It's all about self control. If you do t really want to be in a relationship then don't be in one. It isn't fair to ruin someone else's confidence/self esteem because you want to fuck around and aren't man or woman enough to be real with yourself and end the relationship.

• Exactly! I always have an agreement that if either if us is tempted we end it before someone acts out on the feeling.

• Yeah people get caught up trying to have the best of both worlds but you just can't.

• There's like a 0% chance I could physically cheat, as in hooking up with another girl, zero. I have too much conscience for that to happen. On the other hand, I will admit that It possible I might emotionally cheat, getting attached to another girl and stuff.

• Dude people think cheating is easy.. it needs guts.. courage.. a lot courage.. and no one likes to cheat..

• People cheat for many of reasons, you just have to believe in them and hope for the best.

• Women will cheat on you if they start to find you "boring". I see this happen often.

• Depends who you are with. If you are with a complete floozy there is a 1% chance you WON'T get cheated on. If you are with a faithful individual, there is a 0% chance you WILL get cheated on.