Do you use zodiac signs when dating?

I have and it helps to understand people. I get not everyone is the same but it was pretty close. Has it helped you are made it worse?

That's cool. I liked reading about each one. My ex is an Aries and he is very selfish and mean. That part is true when it come to him. My husband is a libra he is a huge flirt and loves women. That is also true. I read most serial killers are scorpios, no offense to the scorpios out there. I just found it interesting.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it would be fun if dating had its own zodiac. Instead if being based in birthday, you take a quiz and you are given a 'datingzodiac' based on your answers. Now THAT would be effective and pretty fun.

I might even make this a thing lol. #datingzodiac !!!
    message me if you want in on dis :D

• Sounds like a great idea! 😊

What Guys Said 24

• Zodiac signs seem true because they are extremely vague and they apply to everyone in some way. Just look at all the other signs that aren't yours... there are probably several that also describe you.

But, that didn't stop me from seeing if my sign was compatible with my crush's sign :D

• Yes I'm super into it. My b-day is march 11th the last week of winter and it is at the very end of the astrological cycle and it's the week of the dreamer and I do feel like I am a dreamer for sure. I even think the bad shit is true especially being foster dependent I hate that about my self.

I have a huge book that has every week in it down to the nuggets and it a relation ship book and it will tell you how any relationship will match up.

• I am a cancer so I am not sure what I go with but I really do fit into the profile of a cancer

• No, they're a pseudoscience that are about as accurate as reading toenail clippings. Even then, many people believe they are the wrong zodiacal sign, as the stars have moved since the "sign locations" were established. So, even if you think a person fits the description, chances are they are a different sign than you believe. For instance, though my birthday falls within the range of a Capricorn, the sun was actually within the Sagittarius constellation when I was born. Therefore, I'm actually a Sagittarius.

• That's WAYY too much effort lol

• I do not. Sorry

• No that's retarded

• Wow... I am an Aries... selfish and mean... not getting that, but if they say so, it must be right!

I will have to work on that :P

• No, I never use zodiac signs.

• Nah, I just learned to read the signs on used toilet paper. Sooooo much easier.

• When I was younger but as I grew up I found out that people grow up through different life experiences. So many times the signs don't add up or help

• You actually believe in that sh*it? Haha :)
    Maybe you're just seeing what you want to see :)

• And maybe your an ass haha 😊

• It's not my problem you don't have an open mind. I asked for opinions, not judgements. So bite me!

• I have an open mind but I'm able to protect it and not let others fill it with crap :)

• That stuff is of the devil. I wouldn't ever touch it.

• Zodiac is a bunch of nonsense. You can find traits for everyone in every zodiac.

• Never believed in any of that "voodoo" zodiac stuff. The day of your birth really has nothing to do with your personality. Sometimes it "coincidentally" fits (somewhat) but it doesn't mean anything realistically.

• I'm libra and my ex is aries. Most of the horoscopes say that Libra and Aries is total match. But in Reality, she dumped me for no actual reason and I've suffered a lot from that. So I think horoscopes may be true, but not totally.

• Me too. I'm a leo my ex is an Aries. It says our signs get along, but he is selfish and mean. I'm with a libra now, my husband and we get along much better.

• No, but I've dated a Libra and Scorpio.

• No and anybody that does is an idiot.

• Why bother answering if you think we are stupid?

• Speaking of Jesus i bet you believe in him too lmao

• The fuckers suspended my account lmao, well here I am again :)

• NO, I DON'T. I don't follow Astrology. I have no interest in said subject. That pretty much sums it up

• I dont believe in the BS

• no, astrology is bullshit.

• I find it stupid...

• no i dont use

• I've never used them because I find them to be pretty silly. I fortunately learned early on in my young life that trying to find generalizations, patterns, or resort to making assumptions about things or people just isn't useful. People seem to be so desperate (even if subliminally so) to fill gaps in their knowledge about any particular thing, that reason goes out the window and they come to a conclusion whether it's accurate or not.

I learned (or just felt naturally comfortable, rather) that not knowing everything all at once is perfectly ok. There are 6.5 billion people on this planet and I only TRULY know a small handful of them. So when I'm meeting someone new, dating, whatever it may be... I'm not so desperate to rush to a conclusion that I apply something to them just for the sake of it.

"Take EACH person as they come", is basically the philosophy here. Zodiac signs, personality types, judging on clothes, or groups of friends, all these things... exist because people can't just slow down and get to know a person before making a decision. It's a natural reaction to want an answer ASAP, and to err on the side of caution by making an assumption.

But we're not cave men and women anymore, and people need to learn to control this unconscious impulse.

TL;DR
    No, I learn about people and their individual personalities... not zodiac signs.

What Girls Said 27

• yeahhh scorpios are "special", good special of course :-)

I don't focus on it really when meeting someone, but I have noticed some noticeable common traits in people who share the same sign many times.

My BF and I are both scorpios, and many people who believe in astrology will freak out. but honestly, it has been the best relationship of my life. We understand each other in a strange way.

• Not really, but I can tell you right now that all the bad people I've met have turned out to be Libras... Almost all of them...
    So I stay away from Libras in friendship and everything else.

• My husband is a libra and I can tell you he's got some issues. So I understand what you mean.

• Yep... o. O

• Oh yeah totally, I only date other Capricorns

• I do of course with mines because I let you know if you're going to enjoy that person's company or notwhether or not is there a cheaper or not the zodiac is the best way to go about dating everyone should be doing this but that's my opinion

• no but after dating a guy for a while, if I find out what his sign is it's interesting because it kind of gives you somewhat of an inside track of what character traits they might have. But no, I would definitely NEVER base a relationship off of zodiac signs, because people are more than just signs lol

• yes, I do using it just to know briefly what will he's background or habit, so that I can relate on that and understand him better. Not only in dating, but also in working environment. and yes, a libra is a flirty and friendly butterfly, but whenever a libra fall in love with someone, we will stick with her/him for the rest of our life hehe. coz I'm a Libra ;)

• i try not to but yeah i do use it and i secretly believe in it! :P

• The only sign I ever used when dating is "STOP."

• nope.
    ...

• For amusement, but I don't take them seriously.

• I can't help it, but I do it all the time. I do think that the general characteristics of a sign a true. Anyway, it's fun and it's my guilty pleasure, don't judge me.

• sometimes just for fun but I don't take it seriously...

• No I haven't even though I'm a "gemini" I have not done that lol

• nope astrology is not a reason to not consider dating someone

• No, and I dont even read mine. I couldnt care less of his sign. I met so many people who had the same sign and were so, so different. And I never was into this astrology thing anyway.

• Nope but I do like to read what they have to say

• No, i don't. But i tend use blood type instead, and personality type (for example, I'm INTJ)

• For me its fun... Nothing serious and sometimes when I do go read it... It's not true about me

• Sometimes I do

• Western astrology isn't always correct. Check out Chinese astrology I find them more accurate

• Myeh, i don't really pay much attention to astrological signs, but apparently im a Taurus!

• No it can make them think your weird but you can tell them your really interested in zodiac signs so your not hiding a part of you

• HELL YES
    It is one of many important weeding tools but NOT the only one.
    If it was "perfect", a good student could... in time... predict what "sign" a person was... haven't seen THAT often enough to be reliable.

For instance, if someone said their sign or better - Bday and it was a 1/3 of the zodiac away from mine, some magical aspect readily appear. Not saying love/marriage but when found out after the fact, these are my closest friends, people that can finish your sentences, a knowing look shares an opinion of something and always something tickling the funny bone. Of course, realize that I'm "on a cusp" = a much narrower time span = a better chance for a match up with other similar cusps. A cusp time span is just a few days, if that long, compared to a Sun Sign that is almost a month of days.

Eerie to read: The Secret Language of Relationships oooh, spooky how real it describes friends, family & more in your life

• To be honest, no, I've never used them for dating purposes

• doesn't even cross my mind

• In my honest opinion, these signs should categorize anybody, so therefore it isn't good to go by it. I am a "Sagittarius" and I do not match with anything that was said. Everyone is different, don't allow studies to classify you of what they think you are or how you are suppose to act. We were made different for a reason, imagine all the people that was born in the month of March for ex. Regardless the month of March, every single month, so these zodiac signs entitled us to be alike? Go by your partner characteristics not what studies are telling you. Because if they knew about everybody's personality and how they would react to every situation , the world wouldn't be what it is today.

• Shouldnt* categorize

• Yes. Aries and scorpios are too rowdy.

Pisceans - sensitive wimps.

Capricorns - too horny.