Dating someone who smokes weed?

Before I say anything, let me clear up two things. First: I am not actually dating this guy. I just really really like him and we have been hanging out a lot lately. Second: I also smoke weed. Thats usually what we are doing together. Here is what Im wondering. How can I get him to like me? I feel like he doesn't really have time to have any type of relationship because all he really does is smoke. I seriously really like him though. What could I do to get his attention in that type of way? I already know for a fact that he is attracted to me, because he saw me on a friends Instagram and asked her for my number because he said I was really cute. Nothing has happened romantically... but I like him a lot. What do I do?

I would say he is a stoner... not just a guy who smokes weed.

Most Helpful Girl

• Haters be hating ;) dont tell a stoner to not date a stoner, seriously guys.

My advice: Get to know him, but if you do decide to date him. Make sure he can handle the green along with work, family, and personal life. You have to be careful, sometimes stoners can't manage their money and green at the same time. Its enjoyable to spend time smoking. But if you're both always broke then there won't be fun dates or romantic presents.

What Guys Said 15

• As a periodic stoner myself, I'd offer this:

Get to know him without the pot. Make pot an experience you share within the relationship. Avoid making pot the foundation of your relationship.

I'm not here to judge - do no harm to others and work to satisfy yourselves. That's the most anyone can ask.

• Really? You actually wish to volunteer for a relationship with a drug addict, and based on that addiction? As a recovering addict myself, your judgment could not be more compromised - probably due the drugs are doing with him. A sexual attraction while stoned does not in any way preclude the potential for a relationship. If you go down this road, you will be willingly in compliance of an unhealthy, idle, goalless, and other useless life. You will be poor, and so will he, since he smokes any money he has. Eventually, he, and probably you as well, will sink little by little into using other drugs and, drinking, naturally. And in a few years, your "life" and the opportunities you once had, including finding a decent, upright, and clean-living husband, who will take care of you, and is making something of his life, will have forever slipped away. PLEASE do not pursue this path. It will only bring you shame, troubles, and great heartache. Thank you for considering my opinion.

• This is the easiest question to answer ever.
    Don't ever date someone who habitually does drugs.
    I mean seriously, how the hell does a drug addict attract women? Thats the dumbest thing i've ever heard.
    Secondly, how do you "get him to like you"? Thats the second dumbest thing i've heard behind dating a druggo.
    You can't 'get' people to like you, they either do or they don't. You sound perfect for each other. One way to get him to like you is bring him more weed. Buy him a big ass bong and waste your lives away on a stinky couch.

• If you really want to attract him then I'd say be yourself, especially if he already likes you, but I will say that I know a couple guys who smoke weed, one guy does occasionally and he has a wife and a son and seems like a good family man, the other is a strait up stoner and I wouldn't trust him to tie my shoes, so I don't think a stoner would be a good partner. But its your choice to go for it if you want.

• You don't want to built the foundation on just smoking weed together, get to know eachothers likes or dislikes and see what you have in common. if it's meant to be it'll happen I promise

• As an ex pot head, I would never ever ever ever ever ever date a girl that buns that shit. No. way.

• I'm a veteran stoner. Try telling him you really want to go/do something with him before you get stoned... if he's into you he will jump at the opportunity... if he says "fuck that I'm lighting one up" then his priorities lie elsewhere.

• Maybe before getting your toke on (or after if it helps your nerves lol) tell him you want to talk to him about something that's been on your mind. It may seem daunting, but if you like him enough then take a shot.

• hook him up with best weed man in ur area

• only weirdos/losers take drugs. but then the choice is ultimately yours.

• His smoking habits likely have no bearing on his feelings for you, unless he's changed his frequency of smoking since he met you or found out about your interest in him.

• I'm not a stoner but I smoke weed every few days. I prefer it alone or only with a few people exclusively. I am different when sober so I would suggest you get to know his conscious self first. After that smoke weed sometimes with him, not all the time. Go do something productive instead of sitting on the couch high.

• Basically he is a loser basically

• Well that why I say never go for stoners. My ex left time for one and she got used and dumps within two weeks. Whose the real fool lol.

• Is he a stoner or a guy who smokes weed
    If he's the latter, he can have a relationship
    If he is the previous latter, he cannot

What Girls Said 12

• Go for it! If he's attracted to you then what's the big deal? Start slow. Even if it just laughing with him and gently touching his arm. Harmless but noticeable. Trust me. And if you're high, all the better because your nerves and body are already sensitive. Make sure your body language shows you like him though. Make eye contact when he's talking. Engage in what he is saying. Smile at the right moments and laugh. Be yourself. Being yourself is the most attractive thing you can do. Good luck!

• Oh man, been there done that (4 years) The guy's life revolved around getting high, then it progressed to being drunk. Literally that is all he would do besides go to work. When he started making me feel guilty for wanting to go out once in awhile or him moving out of his parent's place (at 30 years old) I decided my happiness and well being was more important then trying to save a dead end relationship. I'm happiest I have been in the last 4 years and I'm totally single :)

• Have you hung out with em when he wasn't high? And if so did you like him still? Do you ever provide the weed or buy it? Or does he? If he's providing it & asking you over to smoke & you're not having to bring anything or do anything other than just chill and smoke, then I'd say he likes you! Otherwise if you're buying it etc then he could just want the weed or money for it.. best wishes! Hope this helps

• Tell him you like him and see how it goes.

I would suggest, though, that you do more than just smoke weed together.. you're not really going to get to know each other if all you do is blaze and watch TV.

*This coming from an ex stoner.

• I would never date anyone that would put that nasty on their mouth unless it was for medical reasons. He probably will chose drugs over you so you should be careful with him and the weed.

• people who smoke weed would make you wanna smoke just cus everybody does it, stoners aren't serious about life tho...

• I don't know if I could

• I've been out with a guy like that. However to be honest when we went out it distracted him from it a lot, and so our relationship wasn't based on it. While you're getting stoned just talk with him about random stuff in life, personal stuff. Tell him that you'd go out with him if he would want to - easy way in.

• Duh... run away as far as possible?

• He will most likely choose weed over you if he's a pot head

• Same thing I been in a situation but I played a little childish we were both high and we decided to watch some movies and I want laying on him and I started rubbing his arms nothing to much and he followed and well we made hypothetical questions about one another and it went there I'm sure you know the rest the best thing is stoners are always relaxed so asking a question is easy you want get no dramatic answer or anything

• Stop smokingg

• that wasn't the question ahahahahah