If you loved your SO, would you get married if you've known each other less than a year? If so, how early would be too early?

Sometimes when you are just both head over heals in love, sometimes when there are other hating factors (heading off to war, job requires relocation, etc) people feel an increased urgency to get married before getting to know eachother for a year or more. Would you do it? Have you done it? What is your opinion on marrying before a complete year of dating?

• I would if we were in love and there were good reasons to
  • I did, we were in love and there were good reasons to
  • I would not / could not
  • I don't feeling like answering, just show me the answers

Most Helpful Guy

• No that's is fucking stupidm I'm not going to blow 5k on a diamond ring and risk having to pay alimony on a person I've known for less than a year.

I wouldn't get married unless we've been together for 5 years and 2 of those years would have to have been while cohabitating.

What Girls Said 3

• I knew I loved my boyfriend before the first year was up. But you have to know someone for more than a year before you go and get hitched.

• I would tend to agree. I think your start forming a better sense of the person in the 18-24 month range.

• B: ... but of course we were good friends & grew up together years prior so this reunion didn't need to take long...

• I don't understand the rush. I think you should at least wait a year together to get engaged , and a year to plan the wedding. I've been with the same guy for almost six years. You always learn something new about the other person , and your opinion changes. If you really love someone they will be around for a while married or not.

What Guys Said 4

• You should wait a while. The both of you need to sort things out with each other. It's a big decision you are making. Less than a year? That does sound a bit drastic. Just wait a bit, and in the meantime, get your SO to get to know you a bit more, and have some fun!

• I would say yes I could do it. I have great feel for people when I first meet them. If we get a long like best friends and share the same values in life and are attracted to each other and faithful. And you believe its your true love. Why not?

• I would give it at least another year before rushing into it. Wouldn't be right to marry someone without knowing them completely.

• I agree. If you have something that is lasting (and why else would you get married) it can last past the 18-24 month barrier where you get a better picture of your SO, I think - circumstance dependent, though.

• No I would not I need more time than that.