How can a shy girl overcome her shyness and be able to talk to her crush?

Hi!! So I'm an extremely shy girl who has a crush on this guy.

So i have actually talked to him, surprisingly. But I've only talked to him 2 times, one where I was saying how smart he was based on the conversation and the other where I was asking him if he could help me answer my maths homework question.

So he's desk is right next to mine and I often see him glancing in my direction. I feel like he is staring at me but I'm not sure really cause I mean we haven't talked enough for him to be interested in me I feel. Though today he's friend told a funny joke and then he laughed and then looked directly at me, I don't understand. What did that mean? Was it only a coincidence.

Im unable to maintain eye contact with him or even say back at him when I catch him staring I just feel so self conscious and it's horrible.

Im basically asking if there is a way I can build up my concidence to talk to this guy and just being able to believe in my self and my self value.

Ps also why does this guy glance at me? If he is interested then why hasn't he ever talked to me? It can't be all in my head cause I've never stared at him cause I'm way to shy to do that so what does this all mean.

Thanks for the help. Sorry for the writing

Most Helpful Guy

• If he looks at you, yes he is interested. But he may be as shy as you are, or even more. If he hasn't talked to you already, he likely won't unless you initiate. here's how you do it. Everytime you look at your crush imagine him with a whole bunch of pimples and terrible hygiene. It will make it easier to talk to him. And take reassurance in the fact that he keeps looking at you. Just talk about random things and once he is more comfortable, he will start to initiate the other half of the time

What Guys Said 3

• Hmm.. maybe he's just shy like you.. here's my advice... approach him like when you're approaching your girlfriends.. no kidding.. talk to him like any other friend of yours.. this WILL work...

• if you're shy better wait for him to make the first move then basically

• The best start would be to make common frnds... It'll be easier then...

What Girls Said 1

• First of all, I feel the same way you feel. But someone told me to stop feeling subconscious. He’s staring at you because he thinks you are pretty. So that should give you confidence, not make you go into your shell. My friends kept telling me to talk to him so the next time I saw him I looked at him for 5 seconds trying to make eye contact so we could talk or at least say hi. But he couldn’t look at me so he looked down and smiled. I didn’t talk to him, but it made me happy to think I made him blush. Your crush might be shy too! So make small steps. ^^ Make eye contact when he’s staring and say hi. If he looks away, blushes, smiles, says hi back shyly- you know he feels the same way. GL ;P