Why don't Asians get fat?

Why are most Asians super slim even though they don't work out and eat a lot?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's due to their culture, specifically when it comes down to food.
    If you will look at their cuisine, you will see that it contains ingredients that are very delicious when cooked properly, yet they lack fat (such as rice) and therefore a person eating it is very unlikely to gain weight.

If you want personally to stay in shape, yet have amazingly delicious dinners, I'd strongly recommend researching different Asian cuisines (such as Thai, Chinese, Korean, Taiwanese etc) and learn how to cook it yourself.

What Guys Said 8

• I'm not sure if it's strictly true but like other people said it probably has something to do with the diet. Very little dairy in Asian cuisines, Asians are not used to eating cheese. Europeans and Americans who visit China lament that they can't find cheese anywhere and miss it dearly. There are a lot of vegetables stir fried and rice probably doesn't make you fat. There is a lot of meat but no big slabs of it. All cut into pieces and stir fried. In japanese cuisine it's uses very little oil and sushi is healthy and all that.

Other than that I don't know...

• They do. What about those extremely fat sumo fighters?

• I mean normal people. Most of them aren't fat even though they do no exercise and eat a ton of rice.

• It's probably something related to their genes...

• healthy diet

• Metaborism vewy vewy stwong

• mostly because of their cultures. My girlfriend is a native korean, and would be considered average size here ( not even chubby), and perfect size in my eyes <3 <3 <3 but there, in Korea she is almost considered fat, because the country is made that way.

Korea and probably tons of other country in asia are really superficial about looks, unfortunatly, so thats why they always have to stay slim, and are rarely fat, because its easier to be accepted and find a job, BF/GF etc.. if you are thin there

• Asians have superior genetics giving them the ability to heal from any wound.

Asians can fly & are durable enough to destroy planets with two fingers

If you are punched by an Asian you will be atomized into dust.

Whenever an Asian girl brushes her hair a tornado is formed.

Asian guys give up their penis length for Immortality

Asians are fucking dangerous watch out O. O

• Unless they are into sumo, Asians have a higher life expectancy, eat healthier foods, etc...

What Girls Said 4

• I know a couple of fat Asians..
    Anyways.. I've noticed that portion sizes are smaller in other countries
    && Seems like the food is a lot healthier in other countries too.

• All my Asian friends that live here in the US eat the same food I eat and do no work out and stay super slim :/

• Ehh.. I have 3 and two of them are on the chunky side.
      One is about average, but still bigger than me.

• If they are still super slim then I doubt it's just because theyre Asian.

• Genetics, and their healthy eating lifestyle.

• My Asian friends eat like pigs and still don't get fat.

• Not this Asian here.

• All my Asian friends always tell me they're fat when they're not.

• Because they have Asian genes, they don't age fast and don't gain much weight. If they eat like Americans they WILL get fat though.

• Not all Americans are obese and eat junk food, or are you really that ignorant?

• A lot of my Asian friends eat a ton of rice they eat like pig and never exercise but don't get fat :(

• steamed rice is still healthier than egg noodles and bread made of eggs and a ton of butter.