Why do some girls on GAG think they can't ask guys out?

Why do some girls on this website not think they can ask guys out? I personally don't think it HAS to be only a guy who can ask the girl out.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 7

• Some girls are stuck in the old fashioned mentality.

They think a man isn't a man unless he has the guts to ask her out.
    If he never does... things will never go anywhere.

They look at themselves as desperate or needy if they have to do the asking.

And by my response, I am only quoting many of the girls posts I have encountered on this site.

• Why do some girls on GAG think they can't ask guys out?
    More likely it's not a matter of thinking they can't but that they want him to ask her out so they won't. Though on the idea that there are gals who truly think they can't ask out a guy they may see it as breaking conduct.

• Conduct? Is there a Constitution?

• Conduct meaning what's acceptable behavior. You are aware of manners, rude, polite, crude, and things like societal/cultural expectations correct?

• Yes, I am

• They're stuck in old tradition or using it as a way to get out of it because they're too shy, when it's actually becoming more popular for girls to make a move and show interest. They do think it's the man's job and that he's not as appealing if she has to do the chasing, not realising that a lot of guys do like a girl who goes after them (it shows maturity, independence and knowing what you want) and you can go after a guy without looking desperate. It's usually young, naive girls who haven't got much experience with guys who are very reserved about approaching guys.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a6924-women-do-ask-men-out

• It's kind of been the social norm. I mean of course girls can ask guys out! This is the 21st century.. but I don't know it's just been the tradition yknow..

I think what @udolipixie meant by conduct was like the accepted social norm.

I know a lot of guys that still say "I thought the guy was supposed to ask out the girl?"

• Meh... I have insecurities of my own that I have to work on first before I do any of that...

• Because they're caught up on tradition and like guys they're afraid of rejection and would much rather just avoid that situation altogether.

• Because of stupid dumbass traditions

What Guys Said 7

• Some girls are scared of rejection, just like some men, but since tradition says it's the man's job, then they hide behind that in order to not make a move.
    Others are just simple entitled women that have too much ego to go to a man and ask them out... this type of women aren't the best to be around with, and they're probably alone most of the time.

• Oh fucking hell here we go again.

• well, its the one traditional gender role that women generally don't have a problem with, for obvious reasons. Like guys, they fear rejection. Only difference is that guys can't really use that as an excuse not to be more outgoing, else they would likely remain single for the rest of their life

• maybe because they're shy i guess?

• Maybe they're insecure, shy, fear rejection. The same excuses men can use as well, which is why its a lame excuse.

• Because in the past it's always been the tradition that the guy chase the girl.

• They only know how to thumb type on their cell phone, they never learned how to actually talk.