Guys, would you date a girl who didn't finish college?

I had a tough childhood and didn't get to finish college. I went for a year and then with circumstances I dropped out and started working full time.

Every guy I've ever dated has asked me what college I went to and what I majored in. I find it embarrassing to say that I'm just a high school graduate. I've thought of going back to school but I don't find it necessary for me. I make good money, just as much as others at my firm with a degree. But that is because I started young and I have lot of experience.

So my question here is how do you feel about a dating a woman without a degree?

Most Helpful Guy

• It honestly depends on why she dropped out.

I don't want to date a weak willed quitter, but if she had a truly legitimate reason, I wouldn't mind.

• True, thank you for replying. I have a strong reason. But it's not something I would like to talk about on a first date. First dates should be light and fun, don't you think? Awesome beard by the way.

• If not having a degree is an issue with a guy, he isn't worth your time.

Not everyone needs a degree.

• Thanks for MH =]

What Guys Said 8

• College is not for everyone and with all the hype with college education out there today I wouldn't blame someone taking the wrong turn.

So yeah , I guess so.

• Are you implying that not getting a college education is "a wrong turn"?

• No , college can be a wrong turn. Not getting a college degree can also be a wrong turn. It depends on how you route your life.

• As someone who finished his graduation after dropping out a couple of times, I wouldn't mind at all dating a woman who didn't finish college. I understand the struggles. It's not a deal breaker for me.

• I graduated from a major university, and I found it to be the most intellectually bankrupt place I have ever been. I have learned far more from self-teaching. Indeed I learned far more in secondary school!

These days the only good justification for university is to get a career boost, but even that advantage is fast fading.

Everything you do or refrain from doing says something about your personality. So, of course, I would consider everything I know about you in deciding whether to date you. But, your dropping out of university wouldn't in itself be a negative consideration.

• I wouldn't mind it. I mean honestly college isn't meant for everyone. if she made an attempt I'd be perfectly okay with that when it comes to the concern of education.

• wouldn't matter to meh so why not get wif meh 😚

• if she's hot for a little bit if she's not she better be fun n loyal , college dosnt matter only with douche bag woman beater's

• I haven't been to college and Im 21.

• guys are probably more forgiving of this than girls are

What Girls Said 2

• With todays stats honestly a college degree does not really matter unless you're trying to apply to med/law school. My friend dropped out of college his sophmore year and went on his own now he's making $100,00+. Compared to these new college grads who run lucky if they at least make $45k in an entry level position.

• I agree. I am in the legal field too and I have law graduates working under me. So going to school to learn something I already know is just a waste of time and money. I'm just trying to see how men feel about this as someone I dated recently showed disinterest just for my education.

• A paper with your name on it does not really define anything in terms of success. Some of the wealthiest people like Warren Buffett, Bill Gates, Michael Dell, Mark Zuckerberg, Paul Allen etc. never/dropped had a college education but you know what they did have? thrive and imagination to build their own empires.

• why don't you just date men with no college or some college then? plenty of those