My boyfriend were born sinfully?

His mom loves his dad even though she knows his dad was married to another woman. They had a baby (my bf) and he secretly supports him for several years and his wife found out so he cuts all contacts with her and they never see the dad again. How should I feel about this? His birth is a big sin...

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you should feel the same about him as people feel about Jesus Christ.
    Jesus' mother got knocked up when she was a young unmarried woman, and later married a man who wasn't the father of her first child (Jesus).
    It's no secret that she got knocked up in the normal way and the original Hebrew Bible text makes it obvious that she wasn't a virgin when she married.

So what? Does this make your boyfriend, or Jesus, sinful?

• She didn't cheat on anyone and born anyone behind her husband's back.., Anyway, that comparision makes me uncomfortable.

What Guys Said 5

• forget about it!
    Is it your BF's fault for getting born? Did he DECIDE to be born in that way? Did he even have ANYTHING to say in it?
    NO!
    So get over it! If you can't get over it, leave him. Staying with you will just bring misery in the long therm. If you can get over it, you're free to keep him.
    Seriously, it's not his fault he was born a bastard! He can't decide it, so stop judging him for it!

• I'm saying it's NOT his fault whatsoever.
      But since my dad cheated on my mom and has a freaking child with another woman long time ago, I get so emotional when it comes to this topic...

• The circumstances of his birth may be less than ideal, but it is no reason to love, respect, or value him any less.

What are you worried about exactly? It is not clear.

You asked how you *should* feel. I think you should feel empathetic and compassionate. And I don't think you should feel worried that it was sinful, that doesn't change who he is.

• I'm saying it's NOT his fault whatsoever to be born this way.

• That is understandable, but what are you worried about? You just need to be empathetic, which it seems you are, and compassionate. It should not get in the way of your love by any means.

• Totally irrelevant.

I believe considering the "sins of the fathers" (so to speak) and punishing their children was outlawed in England by the late 1700s or so. Lie back, think of England, and then go have fun with your bf.

• So you're boyfriend was born outside of standard circumstances. You say that you don't (thankfully) blame him, just that are very emotional when it comes to this topic...

So where's the problem?

• The problem? That fact buzzes me, I feel for his half siblings and the wife, etc.

• Well all right, it buzzes you but that in and of itself is not a problem really...

• Sin is a social construct. If you're worried about pissing off God, don't.

What Girls Said 3

• You should just get the fuck over it.
    It's not HIS fault. He didn't asked to be born, especially like that!
    I believe that all babies are little miracles (until they get to their terrible two's, then they are just little shits sometimes, but I love them anyway)

Anyway, seriously, it is not his fault and if you really can't accept that then you should just set him free.

• I know it's not his fault, but since my dad cheated on my mom before I'm very emotional when it comes to this topic. Imagine if your dad secretly has a child with another woman...

• Yeah.. I'd be pissed... but it's not like I can hit the "return" button. What's done is done, you just have to learn and live.

• I'd be disheartened that that bitch of a wife of his denies him to support a child he helped create. Secondly who are you to call someone's birth a sin? It isn't a sin that's called people being people and having babies.

• accident happens