Is this ok? Or not?

So this girl I've been hanging out has been friends with this guy i met through her for four years. Apparently they tried to date and it didn't work out. So i told the guy that i liked him and he likes me too, but he said he feels uncomfortable moving forward because of the friendship he has for her. What should i do?

So she knows about it now. But he says we still to talk about us. I told him i feel like i know what he's goibg to say he responded "Either I'll talk to you about it later or we could just forget about it and you move on with your thoughts. Choice is yours! You let me know. "

Most Helpful Girl

• If they are never going to date, and they don't have romantic feelings for each other, I don't see why this would be such a big problem.
    Have you told your friend that you like this guy? And do you think she would have a problem with the two of you dating?
    Like I said, if she has no intentions of going out with him, and he has no intention of going out with her, there should be no dilemma here.

What Guys Said 3

• You and him dating would be fine in my book, but the worry is also *his* problem. It's kinda pointless though. I don't believe in too many of those "rules." If they're not dating, she should be able to deal and so should he.

• There is nothing you should do. If the guy wants to ask you out, it's fine. If he has a moral problem with it, it's fine, too. Though, I personally don't understand how the relationship between you and him, should, in any way, affect his friendship with her.

• You have to respect his decision and back out... or wait it out

What Girls Said 4

• If they dated at one point, didn't 'work out'. are still 'friends' at your age and the dude is saying he is uncomfortable than trust me there are some unresolved/ unrequited feelings on one or both ends.

My guess is he likes her which keeps him hanging around even if he knows it most likely won't happen. He just likes being near her. Since he knows you through her the chances of him being in the same room with both of you often is likely which would make him uncomfortable if you were dating.

These are my thought from scenarios I watched play out in my college years. Either way you decide to go about it I'd at least check in with your friend on "I think he's cute, is that cool?" kind of level. But if she is totally cool with it and you decide to proceed your most likely the one who is going to get burned.

Find a guy that says "Hell yes" not "I don't know".

• The fact that he says he feels uncomfortable because of his relationship with her, tells me its safer to not date him. If he feels any resistance because of her, its not worth you getting hurt in the end.

• not worth it. if you know they have a history (which if they are still communicating there are some feelings that won't die between them even if you dont see it...) so why put youself in that situation? If you were her you mightget pissed about it also. either and plus he's just being a guy and trying to get laid. he feel uncomfortable because he doesn't want her to find out even he also knows its wrong and he knows there will be conflict.. kinda commonsense.

pick a different guy.

• that could be awkward..